insulin and proteins converting to carbs ?

darkwing86

So ive been watching some videos on insulin and carb intake . Apparently if you go by the rule 10g carbs per 1iu you'll always be safe . But in this video they are experimenting with how low they can go with carbs while taking slin . (Before we go on i just want to say im not even considering trying this )

Im asking just to understand . From what they seem to say is that even if you go low carbs say like 5g per iu , the extra amounts of protein you take post workout say 70g will start to covert to carbs to cover the slin ? is this true ? ( my thought ) ---> so in other words as long as you even take just protein with a slin shot the slin will convert it to carbs ? is this possible

So ive been watching some videos on insulin and carb intake . Apparently if you go by the rule 10g carbs per 1iu you'll always be safe . But in this video they are experimenting with how low they can go with carbs while taking slin . (Before we go on i just want to say im not even considering trying this )

Im asking just to understand . From what they seem to say is that even if you go low carbs say like 5g per iu , the extra amounts of protein you take post workout say 70g will start to covert to carbs to cover the slin ? is this true ? ( my thought ) ---> so in other words as long as you even take just protein with a slin shot the slin will convert it to carbs ? is this possible

Yes, it's possible, but very dangerous. It's called De Novo gluconeogeneis. You do it to an extent as you sleep (it's how you don't starve), and it is done by the liver.

I suspect that the Bros behind these tests have insulin resistance, as there's no way I can think of that this would occur from exogenous insulin on demand. Just sounds like a recipe for hypoglycemia to me.

Thank you so much halfwit . Your a hero on this board .I always look forward and have such high deem and respect for your replies

Back