INSULIN question

Derexan

Novice
I was having an arguement with one of my friends, Can one buy insulin without a perscription, and whereso

Thanks you guys......Well i realize that diabetics use insulin because there pancrease doesn't secret it....Well how does it help someone with body building, I have been reading up on it and would like to get some more info please.

elijah_123 said:
Anything but Humalog is OTC through out america. All insulin including humalog is OTC in canada.

I thought it was only the fast acting stuff? Anywho, this is done to keep diabetics from having to shuffle through paperwork waiting and waiting meanwhile they are nearing death.

Derexan said:
how does it help someone with body building, I have been reading up on it and would like to get some more info please.

Insulin is the bodies nutrient shuttle, it will shuttle nutrients into cells both fat and muscle. So if you can litterally force feed nutrients into muscle tissue, you are basically helping force growth (super positive nitrogen retention I guess you could call it). Think the effects of creatine, with actual nutrients, and a more direct approach.

Mudge said:
I thought it was only the fast acting stuff? Anywho, this is done to keep diabetics from having to shuffle through paperwork waiting and waiting meanwhile they are nearing death.

Nope Humalog (the fastest acting insulin) is the only perscription only insulin in america.

Mudge said:
Insulin is the bodies nutrient shuttle, it will shuttle nutrients into cells both fat and muscle. So if you can litterally force feed nutrients into muscle tissue, you are basically helping force growth (super positive nitrogen retention I guess you could call it). Think the effects of creatine, with actual nutrients, and a more direct approach.

Almost. It enhances protein synthesis mainly in a non-post work out environment and retards catabolism in a post work out environment. It also causes the transport of glucose to muscle, liver, brain and adipose tissues. In the process nutrients and amino acids are carried with it helping with growth and anticatabolism. Creatine is simply a "nutrient" carried with the glucose. Creatine does not produce extra storage of glucose.

Back