Insulin...The Most Anabolic Hormone Part 1 and 2

My research says the same. 30-45 days max on slin for the reason you mentioned. I'm going to go to 30 and reevaluate. 45 will be the most this go round.
Curious do you have any link to the 4 weeks on 4 weeks off, would really need 4 weeks off? would two work?. I completely agree with the body becoming dependent just the same as running Test for to long and you will come dependent on TRT.

Exogenous insulin does not suppress your natural insulin production. It should not make you diabetic. It's not like test that shuts you down.

Right it does not shut down your production, but your body will release less of it. Think about it if your body released the same amount in addition to the exogenous insulin than it would be IMPOSSIBLE to raise your blood glucose levels no matter how much you ate.

Yeah I believe as long as you keep your insulin dosage in the 10IU range and cycle it you should be fine.

On a side note I have been using 5IU of humalog only on training days PW. I put 8g creatine, BCAA's, glutamine, 40G protein, 50g carb matrix (mix of maltodextrin and fructose) I know fructose is not quick acting but the maltodextrin is. I also have gatorade powder which is pretty much pure dextrose and sucrose which I make an additional drink of.
I drink the protein/creatine/glutamine/carb drink immediately after injection, then eat an apple, a banana, boneless skinless chicken, and green beans after my shake. I drink the gatorade powder drink while eating this meal.
about 45 mins later I drink some grape juice (simple sugars) and eat another meal such as rice or potatoes (for my complex carbs) to get a good balance of fast and slow acting carbs.
I continue to keep a small container of honey nearby and glucose tablets. I check my blood sugar around the 2hr mark just to be safe. Usually it is around 130. People say humalog peaks at 2hrs but I disagree it hits HARD at the 30 min mark stays the same for another 30 mins then slowly goes down until the 4 hr mark.

Anyways is there anything I should change such as my carb sources? I try to have a good balance of fast and slow acting carbs and so far things have been good. I still get tired and a little light headed at the 30 min mark after injection but my sugar never goes below 90 and after that I feel fine and maintain 130 level for the next 3 hours.

Exogenous insulin does not suppress your natural insulin production. It should not make you diabetic. It's not like test that shuts you down.
Oh okay great to know, not much detailed info on the subject. And Humulin R is exogenous insulin correct? I think its still smart to take a week or two off I will take 4 weeks on 1 week off. Also I would only be doing one shot timed for my post workout so my body has to produce slin for the other parts of the day so it still has to work.

Last edited:
I have never worked out a day in my life but have been diabetic for about 11 years taking short acting and long acting insulin on a daily basis (26 IU 3 times a day and 15 IU long acting at nite). I'm curious, is there any difference in me wanting to use insulin to build muscle as apposed to a normal person with a normal pancreas? I've been taking insulin for years and pretty much know exactly how this stuff works but I'm unsure if I'll get the same results since I'm diabetic.

Just a interesting bit of info... I'm able to pick up weight (mostly fat) at will with detailed controlled of diet and insulin. Basically I eat more I shoot up more insulin, simple. I'm able to pick up 1kg a week like this, possibly more. That got me thinking it could be possible for a diabetic to use insulin to his advantage. But instead of fat i want muscle.

Excellent reminder..!

I'll be restarting insulin next week, last time I only did 1 jab each day after training... I'm going for 3 this time..!

REMEMBER... Don't fall asleep guys' I once did this by accident and probably just woke up in time.

abuse or neglect can and will result In death..!

I've been a type 2 diabetic 6 years, I take 5 shots aday,1 at night. That stuff is nothing to fool with. And I don't know were you got your prices. Novalog 100/units/ 10 ml vial is $156.00.. Levemir 100/units/10ml vial is $134.00. Humalog 100/units/10ml vial is $148.00. At your local pharmacy.. If you don't know what your doing, that shit will blind you, or put you in a coma. My 2 cents

Back