Intermittent Fasting and Steroids?

DRE is absolutely right about hitting your macros and i think everyone (not just on here but society in general) complicates everything. Find out the macros that work for you to reach your goals, get your micronutrients and adequate amount of fiber and you're good.

Humanity has attained great physiques throughout decades and through every fad. No reason why IF wouldn't work on cycle but I personally dislike that overfull feeling and get lazy packing down 1000cal/hr so I would never do it.

How does some intiate into IF?

You don't just wake up and say "OK not eatting until night time".

You could make your feeding window in the morning....

Some people do not like carrying 8meals worth of food with them wherever they go. Some find the increased satiety of IF easier to cut on, some people enjoy short fast periods, some people enjoy the super composition effect of fasting, some train better fasted, some people enjoy the improved insulin sensitivity while fasting, some people enjoy the improved glucose tolerance while fasting, some people enjoy the improved lipid profile while fasting etc.

Let me ask you this:

How does one initiate eating 6-8small meals per day? You don't just wake up and say ok I'm going to eat every 2hrs on the hour and pack my cooker with 6tubberware containers to fit all my food

I knew a medical doctor I used to compete against. The last month before taking the stage, he'd go for two weeks at times eating only a handfull of almonds a day. (Of course, he used gear to hang on to muscle.) I wouldn't do anything of the sort, but it worked for him.

I knew a medical doctor I used to compete against. The last month before taking the stage, he'd go for two weeks at times eating only a handfull of almonds a day. (Of course, he used gear to hang on to muscle.) I wouldn't do anything of the sort, but it worked for him.

God that would take some serious willpower. Did he ever elaborate on why almonds only? I don't understand why you'd go for a high fat, semi carb low protein food... With that little protein for two weeks regardless of gear I'm sure he'd experience muscle loss??

God that would take some serious willpower. Did he ever elaborate on why almonds only? I don't understand why you'd go for a high fat, semi carb low protein food... With that little protein for two weeks regardless of gear I'm sure he'd experience muscle loss??

All you need for survival is protein and fat macro wise.

Yeah i know, thats fine for survival, but almond only diet for two weeks as a contest prep?? Surely that'd have to be highly catabolic.

You're over-estimating the effect catabolism will have in a 2wk time span. Chronically sure you'd lose lots of muscle, but just like muscle doesn't build itself overnight, neither is it lost overnight :).

You're over-estimating the effect catabolism will have in a 2wk time span. Chronically sure you'd lose lots of muscle, but just like muscle doesn't build itself overnight, neither is it lost overnight :).

Well there ya go. I had no idea short terms like that wouldn't effect composition much. Good to know

Back