is 500mg/week really a good idea?

testy220

Hi, I am new here, considering my first cycle. I'm 35 years old, and I believe I can say my fundamentals, from a natural perspective, are very solid especially regarding diet.

So I guess the first thing you hear as a newbie is always the same thing, do a 500mg/week cycle for 12 weeks. This seems strange to me and I would like to understand it better.

I am on TRT, have been for a long time now, and when I first began, my doctor put me on 200mg/week. This sent my T levels up above 2000, so he dropped me down to 100mg/week and that's where I've stayed put ever since, as that keeps me steady at around 1000.

What doesn't make sense to me about the 500mg/week dogma, is that everyone responds so differently. A guy just posted a study on here of 300 vs 500, and the 500 guys (on average) were around 2000+. Well it only takes me 200mg to get to that level and I know there are a lot of people everywhere in between too.

So my question is, why is the prescription for newbies always about DOSAGE instead of about RESULTS?

Isn't this all about free testosterone levels ultimately? So why not tell people to shoot for specific serum levels, instead of a one size fits all dosage recommendation?

I personally never go above 200mg of Test per week. I stay on that year round. I then add in more anabolic compounds. 200mg of test has me at 800ish on test levels. Some respond well to certain level of test. I have a hard time believing what youre saying about 200 having you in the 2000's but what ever. You could have tested the day after your shot which will also affect blood levels. If you're injecting twice a week which is what I and most recommend you should be getting your labs done the morning of your next pin. That is a more accurate representation of blood levels.

Like I was saying I just throw in 4-6 weeks of Dbol, or 6-8 weeks of Tren A, NPP. SO to answer your question it depends on the person.

Hi, I am new here, considering my first cycle. I'm 35 years old, and I believe I can say my fundamentals, from a natural perspective, are very solid especially regarding diet.

So I guess the first thing you hear as a newbie is always the same thing, do a 500mg/week cycle for 12 weeks. This seems strange to me and I would like to understand it better.

I am on TRT, have been for a long time now, and when I first began, my doctor put me on 200mg/week. This sent my T levels up above 2000, so he dropped me down to 100mg/week and that's where I've stayed put ever since, as that keeps me steady at around 1000.

What doesn't make sense to me about the 500mg/week dogma, is that everyone responds so differently. A guy just posted a study on here of 300 vs 500, and the 500 guys (on average) were around 2000+. Well it only takes me 200mg to get to that level and I know there are a lot of people everywhere in between too.

So my question is, why is the prescription for newbies always about DOSAGE instead of about RESULTS?

Isn't this all about free testosterone levels ultimately? So why not tell people to shoot for specific serum levels, instead of a one size fits all dosage recommendation?
depends what your endgame is.

Simply put. The protocol of 500 MGS week will cover most all people and situations. Ergo a healthy increase in test levels to work and accommodate the overall cycler enough to aid in what the the building LMM. Knowledge of diet and training will be more effective.

Since we don't know what our bodies will do, best to follow simple protocol.

The risks of 500mgs to a lesser dosiing or somewhat higher has no extra unwanted side effect

Back