Is cardio a waste of time while bulking?

Trucker111

Apparently, the only way to lose weight is burn more calories than you take in. So, would it be a valid assumption that cadio is a waste of time while bulking? Wouldn't it be the same to just cut out the amount of calories burned from cardio by eating that many calories less?

What I'm getting at is, is it impossible to lift to put on mass, but then do cardio in your target heart rate zone to burn of fat?

No because cardio is excercise for your heart. It is important all the time especially if you are bulking and probably not eating as well as you could be.

I guess I should refine my question.

Is cardio useless for burning fat while trying to bulk for the reasons stated in the first post?

Cardio is not useless, it will help you prevent some fat gain while bulking.

No matter what, I think it's extremely important to do. Especially if your on steroids. I haven't done it in a long time because I've been bulking and I really regret it. I've put on 40lbs since the last time I've done cardio (not all muscle) and i get extremely winded at the slighest "cardio" movement. After I'm done cutting, i'm keeping cardio at 2x a week when bulking or maintaining.

I think cardio while bulking increases your appetite and speeds up your metabolism. I think this makes you more efficient at building muscle as opposed to just adding weight.

the way i see it - i you're bulking you ARE gaining AT LEAST SOME fat too whether you like it or not. if you're not gaining fat, you're not bulking either. the cardio isn't going to affect the amount of fat you gain by any significant amount, in my experience. IMO, diet is more crucial - and while bulking your diet is going to be high cal, causing you to put on fat even if you try all the cardio you want. however cardio has other benefits - the cardiovascular system for one, which is also related to general physical preparedness which is always useful.

Back