Is it possible to get used to/or immune to how compounds make you feel?

ELicit23

I remember my first and second ever Test cycles. 500mg my first run and 750mg my second run. It was Test E.
Man, I felt like I was super man. On top of the world lol. I never had a problem with ladies before hopping on compounds, but my confidence was through the roof! I work in the food industry in a very busy place; about 2000 people a day walk through those doors mostly women. I swore they smelled the hormones in me or maybe it was because of the size, you get that feeling that they're diggin you, so you make slick and flirty eye contact with them.
First time in Tren; I was a bit more serious in my actions. More straight faced, barely smiled. I just wanted to get shit done and no one to bother me. Eat, shit, sleep and fuck.

Well, fast forward a few more cycles and I'm wondering; where is that feeling gone? This shit is like so common to me now... None of the "I'm ready to take on the world" feeling from Test. On Tren now though... Normal. Like nothing. Maybe my temper goes up faster but I feel normal, none of the euphoric shit we used to (or I used to) feel when I first started. It's like every day life to me.

One theory is that we outgrow that mindset when we start getting deeper into our transformations and lifestyle and even have adapted to the feelings maybe. Maybe we have adjusted to how we feel on certain situations with the compounds in us, making us just feel normal or; used to everything.
the only time I feel it is at the gym. That "WOO" feeling (if anyone knows wtf I'm talking about" now comes after hitting a new personal record.

Now I see someone acting up which I can tell is on a compound and the first thing that comes to mind is "drop that Tren dose bro you're way too into yourself".

What do you guys think? Do compounds lose that influence they have on you the more experienced one gets?
Is upping the doses a way to get those feelings back?
Or have we just grown and matured?
Do some of you chose compounds that are more favorable mentally than they are physiologically? Do you guys sacrifice results for feelings?

I'm just writing this because I'm reminiscing on back in the day and I'm coming up on a whole new compound soon that I have no idea the way it'll make me feel- "deca".

Interesting point. And I think u nailed it with maturity familiarity and getting used to people s reaction...and ur reacting. How one reacts to something to measure a person by.

Steroid receptor sites are made every day . And I m of the opinion u eventually get diminishing returns if you go up up up up w doses w-o matching it w food and size strength and more important a return to natty or trt. I counter my soft marsh mellow acquantices who say (when I m not around ) addicted to aas with " Have a condition requiring trt; addicted to the L I F E . "

I can t iamagine life w o trt. But I love a blast or 4 a year too. I still FEEL going from 150 a week to 350 450 550 if I go buck wild. Esp. if I do 50 mg tren 3 x a week. But I do not think it s as " tolerance building "as say benzo s opiate s etc...Been hooked on both so I do know that road.

Now someone of AU-THOR-RITIIEEE can wade in and set the record straight. I m just a veteran. ( and we know how vet s are treated....crying shame...go sit in my chair..shit myself )

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity how much time off do you take in between cycles if any?

I have heard this theory for years now, where your receptors in the brain eventually get dull(once again IDK what receptors, this is what I heard) from taking gear for too long. The same theory says that you can reset them by taking a long break from gear.

I sorta/kinda believe this theory just because it was tested out by my friend. He was one of these guys that runs gear all year round. He started telling me that he no longer "feels it" pretty much everything you're describing. Few months later he gets sent to jail and spends 1.5 years behind bars. Comes out and jumps on gear and instantly says that he got the feeling back like the first time he ever ran a cycle.

Like I said IDK if that theory is true or not and it may even sound stupid but what I can tell you is, my friend got the same symptoms as you and got the feeling back that you're looking for after a 18 month break

Interesting point. And I think u nailed it with maturity familiarity and getting used to people s reaction...and ur reacting. How one reacts to something to measure a person by.

Steroid receptor sites are made every day . And I m of the opinion u eventually get diminishing returns if you go up up up up w doses w-o matching it w food and size strength and more important a return to natty or trt. I counter my soft marsh mellow acquantices who say (when I m not around ) addicted to aas with " Have a condition requiring trt; addicted to the L I F E . "

I can t iamagine life w o trt. But I love a blast or 4 a year too. I still FEEL going from 150 a week to 350 450 550 if I go buck wild. Esp. if I do 50 mg tren 3 x a week. But I do not think it s as " tolerance building "as say benzo s opiate s etc...Been hooked on both so I do know that road.

Now someone of AU-THOR-RITIIEEE can wade in and set the record straight. I m just a veteran. ( and we know how vet s are treated....crying shame...go sit in my chair..shit myself )

I see what you mean. But what if all results are still there though? Training and diet improving? Could it be psychological then? By the way, if it wasn't for advice from veterans like you I'd probably be lost with the compounds doing stupid doses and such and no learning. Your advice is valued to the utmost degree.

Oh and by the way, I never considered AAS feelings "placebo". I know for damn sure the feelings are there; like right now I'm on my second run of Masteron. Particularly new to me because I haven't ran it much, but I'm getting the proclaimed "libido increase" that some say it has... I DONT get the same horniness from Test alone anymore. But pop in that masteron and I wanna bang everything.

Just out of curiosity how much time off do you take in between cycles if any?

I have heard this theory for years now, where your receptors in the brain eventually get dull(once again IDK what receptors, this is what I heard) from taking gear for too long. The same theory says that you can reset them by taking a long break from gear.

I sorta/kinda believe this theory just because it was tested out by my friend. He was one of these guys that runs gear all year round. He started telling me that he no longer "feels it" pretty much everything you're describing. Few months later he gets sent to jail and spends 1.5 years behind bars. Comes out and jumps on gear and instantly says that he got the feeling back like the first time he ever ran a cycle.

Like I said IDK if that theory is true or not and it may even sound stupid but what I can tell you is, my friend got the same symptoms as you and got the feeling back that you're looking for after a 18 month break

Ghost, good point. I blast and cruise now. The longest cruise was about 12 weeks TRT dose. last time I took time off was last year during the beginning of the year. Maybe I didn't take enough time off but the feeling wasn't there again like last time.

I know blasting and cruising isn't the best of the best unless one is one medical TRT (which I believe I will be on anyway) but I always wanted to get into the fitness industry and considered "taking time off" a sort of "delay". Well, now I landed a small fitness sponsorship/gig so I plan on blasting and cruising for a while. I kind of reached my goal in fitness by getting "out there" to a small degree but now I realized I'm completely fucked myself because then comes competing... More fitness shoots etc etc so now I CANT afford to take a lot of time off lol

But I think you're absolutely right, maybe the last time I did PCT it should've been longer. I did 14 weeks off from a 10 week cycle.

Ghost, good point. I blast and cruise now. The longest cruise was about 12 weeks TRT dose. last time I took time off was last year during the beginning of the year. Maybe I didn't take enough time off but the feeling wasn't there again like last time.

I know blasting and cruising isn't the best of the best unless one is one medical TRT (which I believe I will be on anyway) but I always wanted to get into the fitness industry and considered "taking time off" a sort of "delay". Well, now I landed a small fitness sponsorship/gig so I plan on blasting and cruising for a while. I kind of reached my goal in fitness by getting "out there" to a small degree but now I realized I'm completely fucked myself because then comes competing... More fitness shoots etc etc so now I CANT afford to take a lot of time off lol

But I think you're absolutely right, maybe the last time I did PCT it should've been longer. I did 14 weeks off from a 10 week cycle.

Ahh see that answers it. I figured you blast/cruise when you described how you're missing that feeling.
But you put it best, you are no longer lifting for just a hobby. You are involved with sponsors that expect you to look a certain way. Hate to tell you dude but you probably won't find that feeling anytime soon unless you take a long break. That is part of the reason why I only cycle during summer from June-August(16 weeks) and the rest of the year I'm off. I always get that feeling. That feeling of your confidence being boosted x1000000000. That same feeling where you can go up to the hottest girl around and that same night be nailing her in your bed with your testosterone boosted pipe of steel :devil2:

Ahh see that answers it. I figured you blast/cruise when you described how you're missing that feeling.
But you put it best, you are no longer lifting for just a hobby. You are involved with sponsors that expect you to look a certain way. Hate to tell you dude but you probably won't find that feeling anytime soon unless you take a long break. That is part of the reason why I only cycle during summer from June-August(16 weeks) and the rest of the year I'm off. I always get that feeling. That feeling of your confidence being boosted x1000000000. That same feeling where you can go up to the hottest girl around and that same night be nailing her in your bed with your testosterone boosted pipe of steel :devil2:

Hopefully I get a nice feeling from deca when I try it. As for Tren, I plan to spend a looooooong time off of it. So hopefully when I get back on it I'll get that "Tren" agression that I once had. No agression towards people though, I mean in a "fuck shit up in the gym" kind of agression lol.
Let's see... I still have halo, m1T, superdrol, Sust, Primo,NPP,Deca, Var to try. I've been living off Test,Tren & EQ forever.

Are we talking about how we feel when we run stuff? In terms of: Sex drive, Euphoria ect....

Or are we talking about gains and str?

I've been running 500mg of test for a LONG time. Basically using it as a cruise dosage tbh. Over time I can feel sex drive not nearly as good as it use to be when I had my first 4-5 vials of it. Same with str, nothing special at all over time.

The only thing I'd be most concerned about is the gains from running a compound so long. I've talked to many people on this board and they feel that the receptor sat thing is a myth and gains can always be made as long as diet is in check. Unless your pack a very huge amount of muscle, then more dosage would be needed.

I can't confirm this for myself as a experiment because I have a very hard time to eat more than 4500 cals to grow at my size. it's holding me back more than the drugs I use.

Are we talking about how we feel when we run stuff? In terms of: Sex drive, Euphoria ect....

Or are we talking about gains and str?

I've been running 500mg of test for a LONG time. Basically using it as a cruise dosage tbh. Over time I can feel sex drive not nearly as good as it use to be when I had my first 4-5 vials of it. Same with str, nothing special at all over time.

The only thing I'd be most concerned about is the gains from running a compound so long. I've talked to many people on this board and they feel that the receptor sat thing is a myth and gains can always be made as long as diet is in check. Unless your pack a very huge amount of muscle, then more dosage would be needed.

I can't confirm this for myself as a experiment because I have a very hard time to eat more than 4500 cals to grow at my size. it's holding me back more than the drugs I use.

Talking about psychological feeling. I've been running the same compounds for a while and I've been making decent gains so far. The only things that ever change for me is the calories and change in metabolism with drop of body fat and energy level output. All things are same even dosages. I DID have a stall last year though... All I did was get fat on Tren (yes it's possible) but a change in diet and cutting weight helped to somewhat "restart" gains.

I came off for a few years and when I got back on I didn't get that super man syndrome that I felt when I was younger. The gains came on fast as a mofo though.

OMGODMIKe...

What s ur stat s bro ? I m just curios.

Foood was always s challenge that being stuffed is not I enjoy ; now I m dieting for the first in a decade I ve come full circle as I ve gotten used to it and like the tighter . everything.. vs feeling totally carbed up w moon pie face. I do miss stretching the sleeves on some shirts but believe u look bigger w o one on.

And again in my case I believe it s maturity and realizing my knee s are loving being 204 instead of 215. Good thread E.

And yes steroid receptor site saturation is a myth but diminishing gain s are not except for the few genetically gifted or those who can focus on the life as a life. I cannot w obligation s and all....

Mike, you ever thought about popping 2oz walnuts after you down 4500 cals? Easy 300-400 cals in that them there walnuts bro. Easy cals. Or a PBnJ samdwhich with a glass of milk for snacking?

...I d go through a pb j and whole milk like a coke addict on a gram of Peruvian flake...f n chick and rice...again...

...I d go through a pb j and whole milk like a coke addict on a gram of Peruvian flake...f n chick and rice...again...

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? If you're over 40 and that's you in your Avi, you sir are the definition of goals.

And as for rice and chicken... I don't mind it. Unless it's dry as fuark

No I do not mind-52--photo 12 ??? day s old. My w/o partners a fitness chick she took it...after chest delt tri w/o 9- 12 sets abodypart 3osets in 75 ms. She kill s me.

Back