Is This Too Many Cal's In 1 Sitting?

BigTrip

Smith Machines For Sissys
I want someone to critique this meal I just had. It was kinda big cause breakfast was light and only pro/gatorade shake for lunch after W/O.

I just had 2 chicken breasts 72 grams protein 14 grams fat. About a box of Rice Roni I know not wild or brown but it's all I had. That was serving size for 3 but I ate the whole box. 153 grams carbs, 21 grams protein, 3 grams fat, 1 can green beans 12 grams carb's. I didn't want to add the sodium it's real high like in the 3,000mg neighborhood.

Total=

Calories about 1,200
Protein 93 grams
carb's 165
Fat 17 grams

Im 29 6 3 250ish. In between cycles only taken clen/trib not looking to bulk or cut just keep lean. I know that sounds like a lot of food to intake but it takes that much to make me feel content. Any downsides to eating 5 times a day opposed to 6-8 with smaller portions? I don't have the time to be nibbling on 8 meals a day so I fiqure I gotta get it some way.

Actually eating more often is better for your metabolism, it doesn't go into that feast or famine mode. That is not a big meal for someone who weighs over 200lbs and is active, you need some fresh veggies though canned beans are devoid of most of the nutrients that you should get from beans. Rice a Roni is primarily salt and simple starches not the most nutritious of side dishes. Most packaged food is crap and is loaded with salt, prepare meals from scratch if you can you will be better off. I sometimes make 3 to 4 meals on Sunday and eat them throughout the week. Frozen vegetables are better than canned and fresh is better than frozen.

huskyguy said:
Actually eating more often is better for your metabolism, it doesn't go into that feast or famine mode. That is not a big meal for someone who weighs over 200lbs and is active, you need some fresh veggies though canned beans are devoid of most of the nutrients that you should get from beans. Rice a Roni is primarily salt and simple starches not the most nutritious of side dishes. Most packaged food is crap and is loaded with salt, prepare meals from scratch if you can you will be better off. I sometimes make 3 to 4 meals on Sunday and eat them throughout the week. Frozen vegetables are better than canned and fresh is better than frozen.

nice answer. also your body is more efficient at digesting meals that contain mostly protein or mostly carbs. too much of both at the same time slows your system down too.

I usually just get bags of brown rice, is that good. Yeah that Rice Roni is pretty shitty I just added the sodium up and damn. Also I heard that sometimes frozen veggies are better than fresh cause they don't go from truck to truck and get sprayed with shit. I should start taking advantage of my local farmers markets. Where
I live is like food lovers heaven but I don't take advantage of it. We have local farmers bring their produce twice a week to the market. Amish men that have free range eggs. Free range chicken and beef when you put your order in as well. Oh, and Venison.

good rule of thumb: stay away from anything that has a lable. fresh fruits,veggies, meats dont have labels.

Two chicken breasts is nothing in the meat department. I ate that many when I was ten. Realize that meats are often like 35% water by weight (it varies).

Now the other day I got a Gilled Stuft (it really is spelled that way) Beef Burrito and 1/2 lbs beef combo burrito. Felt like shit afterwards. Just looked it up: 1,190 calories. Thought it was more than that. Oh well.

Last edited:
I eat 6 times a day, my calorie allottment is 3964 cals a day. My body weight is 250lbs. Thats just so I can gain 10lbs of quality muscle by Jan 2006 and maintain my BF levels. I have trouble hitting that and I eat like a horse as clean as possible. When i count it at the end of the day it is only about 1350 to 1400 calories a day. It a business for sure. But do add alot of fresh veggies and stay away from the canned stuff.

Big Dog said:
I eat 6 times a day, my calorie allottment is 3964 cals a day. My body weight is 250lbs. Thats just so I can gain 10lbs of quality muscle by Jan 2006 and maintain my BF levels. I have trouble hitting that and I eat like a horse as clean as possible. When i count it at the end of the day it is only about 1350 to 1400 calories a day. It a business for sure. But do add alot of fresh veggies and stay away from the canned stuff.

what do you mean when you say... when i count...1350-1400 cals/day? are you not eating the 3964 cals/day?
when i was bulking i didn't add any weight past 218 at 4500 cals/day. not sure why if a guy as big as you is able to gain on less than 4k.

Back