Lats to fly with...........

I use a seat & dumbells for lats,I go heavy that way i can toss
them aside when going to failure.3xfailure each one.
1 presses
2 lateral raises straight up & incline facing forward
3 front raises straight up & incline facing forward

Yeah now that it isn't late anymore I see that those sound kinda like my delt exercises.

Last edited:
wolverine01 said:
I use a seat & dumbells for lats,I go heavy that way i can toss
them aside when going to failure.3xfailure each one.
1 presses
2 lateral raises straight up & incline facing forward
3 front raises straight up & incline facing forward

aren't those delt exercises.

rjl296 said:
aren't those delt exercises.

I was thinking the same thing....

I don't know if I can explain this exercise well, but I do it at the end of a back workout and I love the feel it give me in my lats.
I use a cable crossover station . I attach the handle on the very top and grasp both of them while i stand in the middle of the apparatus. I then lower myself so I am resting on my knees(no dirty homo jokes guys!). I then pull my elbows into my lower ribs. Make sure you don't pull with your arms, rather pull with your lats. I hope I explained this alright. If not, you can always do chin-ups and pull-ups for your lats.

Easto said:
I was thinking the same thing....

I don't know if I can explain this exercise well, but I do it at the end of a back workout and I love the feel it give me in my lats.
I use a cable crossover station . I attach the handle on the very top and grasp both of them while i stand in the middle of the apparatus. I then lower myself so I am resting on my knees(no dirty homo jokes guys!). I then pull my elbows into my lower ribs. Make sure you don't pull with your arms, rather pull with your lats. I hope I explained this alright. If not, you can always do chin-ups and pull-ups for your lats.

I think I got it, but while on your knees (lol), your upper body is straight up correct? And when pulling your elbows into your lower ribs, are you arms at an L shape or just straight out?

Turbo3000 said:
I think I got it, but while on your knees (lol), your upper body is straight up correct? And when pulling your elbows into your lower ribs, are you arms at an L shape or just straight out?

Yeo, arm are in a L possition and body is straight

Ok thanks guys. I am gonna try that on Friday Easto, let you know how it goes. I do my chins and db pullovers, but I feel like they are laggin, guess I need to hit them harder.

Chins are a must-

then to heavy bent over rows,lat pull downs,heavy seated cable rows(good form).If you dont grow wings... then you will have to stay on the ground.

Yeah i like heavy db pullovers or sometimes a derivitive where you use the lat machine but stand up, lean slightly forward and with your arms almost locked straight out in front of your face, then push the bar down to your thighs. You get secondary ab work w/the latter.

i recently started doing 'chest supported dumbell rows' basically pu an incline at ~ degrees , and lie face down. grab 2 dumbells and row both at the same time. Killer

or try at the end of ur workout a drop set of this, im not sure what its called.
Use the cables like ur going to do cable chest flys, but instead of in front of ur body bring the cables directly to ur hips, so basically u look like ur flapping wings, or something, u guys see what im talking about?

Back