Little Bars of Deliciousness!!!

MuscleAddiction

Beast ***e!!!
I am addicted to these little bites of heaven, and a pan does not last very long in our home now that my wife and little girl found out how good they taste as well.

On my constant quest to build muscle, strength, and endurance, I am always looking for ways to get my nutrition clean, healthy, but also pack some macros.

I used to buy and eat the store bought protein bars, you know the ones I'm talking about the ones you buy in bulk at Costco. For quite a while I was just turned off of the mass produced bars in the shiny wrappers, with ingredients that didn't need to be in a protein bar, so didn't eat any!

Now I am the cook in the family and I can make just about anything, and yes I can make a pretty good protein bar from scratch. I found some recipes of natural homemade protein bars online, and switched out ingredients to make them as organic and fresh as I can.

I got lazy and decided to try Better Protein Bars from NTBM Better Protein Bars - No Bake Protein Bars. All I had to do was open the bag, pour contents into a bowl and add natural peanut butter, honey (or Agave Nectar), and water...use some elbow grease and give your grip and forearms a good workout mixing the ingredients together, press into a pan (non-stick works great!) smooth them out and put into fridge...pretty much like the recipes online, but there is something in the ingredients that just make them taste really f*cking good! I could eat a pan in one sitting!

The way I make them is using fresh ground organic peanut butter (peanuts ground in a machine at the store and pure peanut butter!), local honey or sometimes Agave Nectar, add water and mold it all together like a kid molding with Playdough :). Let me just tell you, these are my little bars of deliciousness! I took some photos of the process below and how mine turned out, and I made the Chocolate Raspberry which are my second favorite next to Original Peanut Butter!!!

I noticed there are quite a few recipes on this forum for protein bars and am going to try one recipe from Mrs. P that looks pretty good, but I will tell you, for $10 a bag these things are my favorite snack! Check them out for yourself, you will like what you taste and you control the ingredients that go into making them, ingredients that do belong in a protein bar!

Yum!!!

Last edited:
Yeah bro these things are on point. I avoid the protein bars in the stores because theyre loaded with sugar. These things are great for something to grab and go when you're in a rush and need some extra protein.

Yeah bro these things are on point. I avoid the protein bars in the stores because theyre loaded with sugar. These things are great for something to grab and go when you're in a rush and need some extra protein.

Not to mention the artificial sweeteners in some, I like to be able to control what I eat so I know exactly what is going into my body, making protein bars from scratch is really the way to go IMO.

Wow! Homemade protein bar! Delicious!

The only way to make healthy and even organic/natural protein bars...I will never buy another protein bar if I can help it! My wife and daughter are even hooked on these...they don't last long, making batches every 3 days now!

Well, last night I decided to try and create my own homemade protein bars with ingredients that I have laying around :biggthump.

Unfortunately I currently do not have the premixed Better Protein Bars so I created the following and they truned out pretty damn tasty:

6 scoops Whey to Build Muscle Rocky Road Protein
1 cup Organic Oats (I like the crushed better than the whole)
1/4 cup Freeze Dried Organic Raspberries
1/4-1/2 cup Organic Dried Cranberries
1/2 cup Almond Slivers
1 cup Natural Fresh Ground Peanut Butter
3/4 cup Natural Local Honey
1/3 cup Water

Mix the ingredients as you would Better Protein Bars (use your hands to mush together), I always wet my hands first so the mixture doesn't completely stick to them, and after it ia all mixed nicely press into a pan and put into the fridge...again NO BAKING! Let them set and cut into 12 bars

Tried one this morning and man are they pretty damn tasty, especially with the Rocky Road flavor protein!

Try it and tell me what you think!!! :D

I will calculate the macros when I get a chance and see how much each bar has and post it later...and even though this is an alternative, I still love the taste for the Original Peanut Butter Better Protein Bars...some ingredient in them just makes them addicting :insane2:!!

sounds yum, you have a career in marketing or are you a publicist?! Very commercial way to put across you views...

I am addicted to these little bites of heaven, and a pan does not last very long in our home now that my wife and little girl found out how good they taste as well.

On my constant quest to build muscle, strength, and endurance, I am always looking for ways to get my nutrition clean, healthy, but also pack some macros.

I used to buy and eat the store bought protein bars, you know the ones I'm talking about the ones you buy in bulk at Costco. For quite a while I was just turned off of the mass produced bars in the shiny wrappers, with ingredients that didn't need to be in a protein bar, so didn't eat any!

Now I am the cook in the family and I can make just about anything, and yes I can make a pretty good protein bar from scratch. I found some recipes of natural homemade protein bars online, and switched out ingredients to make them as organic and fresh as I can.

I got lazy and decided to try Better Protein Bars from NTBM Better Protein Bars - No Bake Protein Bars. All I had to do was open the bag, pour contents into a bowl and add natural peanut butter, honey (or Agave Nectar), and water...use some elbow grease and give your grip and forearms a good workout mixing the ingredients together, press into a pan (non-stick works great!) smooth them out and put into fridge...pretty much like the recipes online, but there is something in the ingredients that just make them taste really f*cking good! I could eat a pan in one sitting!

The way I make them is using fresh ground organic peanut butter (peanuts ground in a machine at the store and pure peanut butter!), local honey or sometimes Agave Nectar, add water and mold it all together like a kid molding with Playdough :). Let me just tell you, these are my little bars of deliciousness! I took some photos of the process below and how mine turned out, and I made the Chocolate Raspberry which are my second favorite next to Original Peanut Butter!!!

I noticed there are quite a few recipes on this forum for protein bars and am going to try one recipe from Mrs. P that looks pretty good, but I will tell you, for $10 a bag these things are my favorite snack! Check them out for yourself, you will like what you taste and you control the ingredients that go into making them, ingredients that do belong in a protein bar!

Yum!!!

sounds yum, you have a career in marketing or are you a publicist?! Very commercial way to put across you views...

Interesting, no I am a Public Works Supervisor here in NorCal. I write a lot of reports to city council and management, is it a bad thing :worried:???

Interesting, no I am a Public Works Supervisor here in NorCal. I write a lot of reports to city council and management, is it a bad thing :worried:???

Course not, I can just see from how you write you have a way of doing it almost as if you're a rep! My Dad is a journalist for the BBC and has been for over 40 years.
Whenever he calls me he says 'Hi, its me your father (name) calling from Uganda, Kampala.' Because of his job it bleeds into other things he does..that was all. You're doing it with your posts, putting in bold key words etc.

:yumyum: Just made some more tonight...this time I did 3 scoops Rocky Road and 3 scoops Chocolate Fudge Whey to Build Protein and the rest of the ingredients...we will see how they turn out!

Nice way to do it.. I like knowing what's in it and how much!

That is exactly why from making from scratch is the best way, and no baking! Just mix the ingredients with a little muscle and press into a non-stick pan, put in fridge, or if you want them sooner just put in freezer. I just bought more ingredients to make some more tonight for the family since they eat them as well!

Back