Low Serum chloride lab results are in now

Therealkozmo

Mr. Micropenis
My serum chloride is 96 mmol/L which is considered low. I am thinking it was from dehydration. I did hot vinyasa yoga the night before so I'm thinking it is from being dehydrated and I drank a glass of wine the night before.

Anyone have a low chloride level before

Hi,

That chloride level is a bit low but it is not clinically significant in a person who's otherwise generally healthy. Chloride and sodium have an affinity for each other. What was your sodium level? In true cases of dehydration, both are usually high, not low. Pinch yourself. Does your skin stay pinched and sl-o-o-o-wly goes back to baseline, or does it go back to baseline pretty much immediately? If its the latter, then you're not really dehydrated. A bottle of gatorade or your next meal is likely to bring your chloride up to 98 and that's the threshold. Also, what kind of gear are you using? It is not unusual that use of any type of steroid can cause a slightly decreased chloride level, even corticosteroids. And, if you're on a cutting cycle and using diuretics that can cause it too--in which case your potassium and magnesium levels may be off as well.

Last edited:
Thanks. Sodium level wasn't low. Two doctors confirmed nothing to worry about. Probably from the profuse sweating.

Back