Marcus900

Hi guys

Brief stats....
25yr old
77kg aiming for 90kg
3500cal a day
3 years training
Test prop only EOD
Stacking Creatine and whey protein with a pretty good healthy diet.

Just wanted some feedback on this routine before I start it. I am going to the gym in about 7 hours so I may give it ago.

CHEST AND TRICEPS

Chest flys 3 sets of 10
Incline bench press 3 sets of 10
Decline bench press 3 sets of 10
Tricep skull crushers 3 sets of 10
Tricep rope pull down 3 sets of 10 LEAN FORWARD
Seated dips 3 sets of 10 WEIGHTED
ABS crunches AND leg raises till failure 3 sets

I am trying to get my muscle mass up asap. I am on a test Prop only cycle at 1.5ml EOD and I am my 5th jab in.

Also on Creatine mono aswell

Is this routine good for mass and when could I start to see gains

Thanks lads

you've only got a total of 9 sets for chest . how often a week are you doing this routine ? if its only once per week then that is not near enough volume, and volume is a key factor in muscle growth.
also, your switching exercised fairly quick. 3 sets on one and then you move on to another exercise before your chest has a chance to even get going on the exercise it was just doing.

to put it in perspective , when I have a bench press day , i have around 12-15 sets just on the bench press, NOT 3 , 3 sets total on a bench is not crap.

what does a pretty good healthy diet mean?

4 - 5 cooked meals a day NO fast food

Breakfast is porridge with whey protein and banana and a pint of water

Snack is a small pasta with tuna Plate

Meal 1 is steak and rice

Meal 2 is sweet potatoes and rice

Meal 3 is 2 big bowls of porridge and orange juice

Serious mass shake

Smash a few apples amd oranges at work as I get them for free all shift.

Meal 4 is 2 chicken wraps and small plate of rice

Meal 5 can vary depending on how sick I feel and I am on nigh shift so some meals can change slightly as im tryna work cook and look after my pregnant wife but that's my foundation I am working on

Hope that helps bro

you've only got a total of 9 sets for chest . how often a week are you doing this routine ? if its only once per week then that is not near enough volume, and volume is a key factor in muscle growth.
also, your switching exercised fairly quick. 3 sets on one and then you move on to another exercise before your chest has a chance to even get going on the exercise it was just doing.
to put it in perspective , when I have a bench press day , i have around 12-15 sets just on the bench press, NOT 3 , 3 sets total on a bench is not crap.

Any tips on how to change it up. I will do that 2 times a week. 2 days in 1 day off at 1hour 15mins

4 - 5 cooked meals a day NO fast food

Breakfast is porridge with whey protein and banana and a pint of water

Snack is a small pasta with tuna Plate

Meal 1 is steak and rice

Meal 2 is sweet potatoes and rice

Meal 3 is 2 big bowls of porridge and orange juice

Serious mass shake

Smash a few apples amd oranges at work as I get them for free all shift.

Meal 4 is 2 chicken wraps and small plate of rice

Meal 5 can vary depending on how sick I feel and I am on nigh shift so some meals can change slightly as im tryna work cook and look after my pregnant wife but that's my foundation I am working on

Hope that helps bro
looking good. need some veggies in there keep taking advantage of all those good free fruits bro your colon will love you for it.

Last edited:
Any tips on how to change it up. I will do that 2 times a week. 2 days in 1 day off at 1hour 15mins

sure ,
-hit pec deck or seated cable flies - 6 sets of 15 reps , nice stretch and a working warmup , this will get your chest isolated and you'll really feel the pec muscles, which will then help you get them stimulated and mind muscle connection for bench press.

- bench press
3 sets of 10
2 sets of 8
3 sets of 6
1 set of 8
1 set of 10
1 set of 12
1 set of 15

the 3 sets of 6 are going to be very heavy and your going to fail right at 6 reps . the last set of 15 reps is going to be fairly light, but your going to be so overloaded from this volume that you'll only get in 15 reps

then move on to
- incline dumbbell presses
3 sets of 10
2 sets of 15

hammer strength incline press
100 reps burnout (however long it takes and as many 10 second breaks it takes to hit 100 reps)

thats your chest routine then next time you do it , it will be similar . but instead of flat bench press you'll do the same thing as above but with incline bench press . also with the dumbbell presses you'll go to flat bench .

Back