medical question for you

buffdoc

Certified MD.
I'm usually answering medical questions, but here's one for you guys (docs please chime in too).
Most of us know the problems with diuretics: electrolyte depletion, especially potassium, and magnesium, dehydration, etc.
My question is this (and I'm not talking about the stronger, "loop" diuretics like Lasix, but the milder ones like the thiazides):
When the occassional bloat gets intense despite anti-e therapy or whatever, is it OK to take an occassional pop of a thiazide diuretic to purge some of that extra water?
This is assuming that you still drink lots of water, as I do, and supplement minerals, as I also do.
What's the consensus?

as far as popping an occasional thiazide just take your blood pressure before you do so you won't drop your bp too low. if your bp is anything greater then 140/90 then the thiazide should help drop it to the norm of 120/80, but if it is lower then the norm i would advise against taking one

I would up my anti-e doses instead, I'm assuming you're using ana or letro too. Unless your on something like drol or tons of GH where they wouldn't help, I think this would be a better way to control your bloating.

What's you cycle and anti-e doses like?

I would try to treat the underlying problem first if at all possible. But he there is only one way to find out? (btw-underlying problem could be many things, mostly estro)

I am a little curious as to why you would care about the bloat? There would be no reason why you couldnt take them, but it would seem a little stupid to take them regular. If it is a problem for you I would use a combination of nolva and arimidex, or simply drop you carb intake.

I would have to agree about using bp as a way to really decide if you should be using them. As far as your problem with bloat, I am not sure what the big concern is, butI am sure you have your reasons. I would personally go with something like HCTZ, or Zaroxolyn if you are feeling like this is a necessity.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm on Nolva and kick in the Arimidex when the bloat gets bad (0.5 to 1 mg EOD). I try to avoid A-dex because of HDL issues.
The problem is it makes my eyelids swell along w/ my face. My patients wonder what the deal is.
I keep my carbs low. Current cycle is prop/EQ. Finished up the tren a few days ago. Also, on the Depot HGH (Nutropin), equivalent to 1.8 units/day, but it may cause sides like higher doses.
Yes, I have HCTZ; I used 50 mg one day and 25 the next (low doses) and had a nice diuresis. Facial bloat improved. Don't plan to use it again unless I get the pumpkin-face!
Thanks again.

What are your long term goals buffdoc...I know when I start my practice I will have to maintain a "reasonable" body weight as to not draw too much attention. But I plan on staying very lean and that seems to keep any weight/bloat out of my face. Through med-school I plan on being 280-290, but once I start searching for residencies it will have to come down. If I were you I would stay down at 7-8% bf and then you really couldnt look much puffier than half of those fatasses in your field.

Serenity Head said:
What are your long term goals buffdoc...I know when I start my practice I will have to maintain a "reasonable" body weight as to not draw too much attention. But I plan on staying very lean and that seems to keep any weight/bloat out of my face. Through med-school I plan on being 280-290, but once I start searching for residencies it will have to come down. If I were you I would stay down at 7-8% bf and then you really couldnt look much puffier than half of those fatasses in your field.

LOL! Right you are, bro. I stay about 10% or less almost all of the time, it's just my nature, that's why this bloat thing is so weird. It's only hit me twice, doesn't seem to correlate with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) dose or anything. I suppose sodium intake could be a factor, I'll have to try to track that.

Buffdoc,

I have a script for diazide which as you know is a weaker diuretic than most. Since it is a weaker diuretic, my experience, my Mother's, and grandmother's are that popping an occasional one doesn't do much. I have to take one 3x ED, for a couple of days, to start peeing more than normal and losing water. I don't see any problems with taking the milder "thiazides" especially in the short term!

I am glad your swelling had gone down a bit. I was hoping that my opinion on HCTZ would be on par with yours since I am just now starting to learn most of my stuff in school.

Back