Medical questions for the experts

Wogstralian

Hi fellow lifters!

I'm a 24 year old bodybuilding enthusiast and am considering my first cycle, largely for medical reasons, but have a few questions.

Firstly, I'm wondering if anyone has successfully cured cubital tunnel syndrome (see link below), through steroids?
Scans have confirmed that I have subluxation of my ulnar nerve, when under tension; which is preventing me from training arms, as well as majority of 'push' and 'pull' exercises.
I am hoping to avoid surgery and have been told by multiple doctors that surgery is my only option, however I have found information which leads me to believe that I may be able to rebuild that damaged fascia with steroids and am curious as to whether anyone else has done the same?

m.webmd.com/pain-management/cubital-radial-tunnel-syndrome

On to my second question.
I have suffered with recurring Bell's palsy (see link below) in the past; the neurologists tests came back clear, so I can only assume that I was overloading my nervous system with stimulants, mostly from pre-workout supps.
My last case of Bell's palsy was almost three years ago and I now use stimulant-free pre-workout supps, with no problems thus far.
Would there be any chance that a cycle could trigger another case?

m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/bells-palsy-topic-overview

Lastly, if anyone has any advice on what would be best suited for my application, please let me know.
I have found a lot of useful information, especially in the thread below, however if anyone has any specific knowledge on this, that would be a huge help to me and my gains!

steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/143212-increase-skeletal-muscle-collagen-synthesis-certain-aas.html

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Happy lifting!

As far as your second question, your first cycle should be test only and I don't see any way that should trigger your Bells palsy syndrome. Cannot comment on your first question.

I'm far from an expert, but it's my understanding that this is a disorder of the nervous system, where the ulnar nerve receives pressure from a bone, forcing weakness in the musculoskeletal structures related to the area.

AAS doesn't regenerate collagen to the extent that I feel would be meaningful in your case, and as it's typically nerve related (it's referred to as a form of neuropathy), I don't honestly feel it would be of any benefit in that regard at all.

If this is caused by a structural deformity, I can't see anything but surgery being the best remedy here at all. Have you tried physical therapy to stretch the elbow tissues, or is this indeed purely caused by bone on nerve contact?

I wish I knew more in this area, but outside prevention (I have traditional carpal tunnel syndrome) I'm woefully undereducated on this specific condition. :(

It really depends on the cause of your carpal tunnel syndrome. It is usually caused by repeatedly misusing the arm, hand, and wrist, which causes a breakdown of the cartilage and bones in the wrist. They form a tunnel through which your nerves pass into the hand and fingers. When this tunnel partially collapses, you have bone pressing on nerve. There are a few ways to fix this, with surgery being needed many times (though physical therapy can work wonders as well). AKAIK, no AAS can really help out enough to make any difference in the carpal tunnel syndrome.

You can start doing 4IU and up of HGH to get your body to go into soft tissue building overdrive, but it is more of a preventative measure than a reparative measure. HGH plus physical therapy may make a great difference.

I'm far from an expert, but it's my understanding that this is a disorder of the nervous system, where the ulnar nerve receives pressure from a bone, forcing weakness in the musculoskeletal structures related to the area.

AAS doesn't regenerate collagen to the extent that I feel would be meaningful in your case, and as it's typically nerve related (it's referred to as a form of neuropathy), I don't honestly feel it would be of any benefit in that regard at all.

If this is caused by a structural deformity, I can't see anything but surgery being the best remedy here at all. Have you tried physical therapy to stretch the elbow tissues, or is this indeed purely caused by bone on nerve contact?

I wish I knew more in this area, but outside prevention (I have traditional carpal tunnel syndrome) I'm woefully undereducated on this specific condition. :(

It really depends on the cause of your carpal tunnel syndrome. It is usually caused by repeatedly misusing the arm, hand, and wrist, which causes a breakdown of the cartilage and bones in the wrist. They form a tunnel through which your nerves pass into the hand and fingers. When this tunnel partially collapses, you have bone pressing on nerve. There are a few ways to fix this, with surgery being needed many times (though physical therapy can work wonders as well). AKAIK, no AAS can really help out enough to make any difference in the carpal tunnel syndrome.

You can start doing 4IU and up of HGH to get your body to go into soft tissue building overdrive, but it is more of a preventative measure than a reparative measure. HGH plus physical therapy may make a great difference.

First, let me start by apologising for the delay in my response. Things have been busy! Now, onto the main topic.

I should start by elaborating on my condition. Through excessive leaning on my elbow in my younger years, I have stretched the muscle fascia that runs above my cubital tunnel. Which allows my ulnar nerve to slide out of the cubital tunnel and over my Humerus bone, when under tension while bending. As you can imagine, that hurts immensely!

So my theory is as follows. A bulking cycle will increase my muscle mass in general, creating new muscle tissue in and around the stretched fascia above my cubital tunnel. If I continue to bandage my arm straight while I sleep and limit its usage for the first couple weeks of the cycle, that new muscle tissue should form correctly and hold the ulnar nerve in place. Allowing me to train normally for the remainder of my cycle. Does that theory sound plausible?

I am avoiding surgery at all costs, as even the doctors have told me that undergoing surgery will likely create more problems than I already have.

Back