Middle back thickness, what's your favorite exercise

carverelli

I am banned!
I'm lacking thickness in lower traps and spinal erectors.

Can't do conventional deals cuz of herniated disks from years ago. Hex bar yes.
I was thinking yates rows, tbars, and chest supported incline rows elbows flared.

Looking at other options and open to suggestions

I'm lacking thickness in lower traps and spinal erectors.

Can't do conventional deals cuz of herniated disks from years ago. Hex bar yes.
I was thinking yates rows, tbars, and chest supported incline rows elbows flared.

Looking at other options and open to suggestions

Yates rows are by far my fav. My gym also has an underhand row machine for single arm iso rows...which is just as good.

Ill second yates rows and really get that squeeze at the end of the movement. I actually feel it right where you are looking to hit. Mind/muscle connection is huge when training back in my opinion.

T-bar rows, but with a rope. Narrow grip hammer seated rows are good too. I like underhand rows too, but careful with bicep activation - I tend to fatigue my biceps on those if not mindful. Hmm, pull-overs on a good machine tie it in together nicely too.

T-bar rows, but with a rope. Narrow grip hammer seated rows are good too. I like underhand rows too, but careful with bicep activation - I tend to fatigue my biceps on those if not mindful. Hmm, pull-overs on a good machine tie it in together nicely too.

Hammer Strength Pull overs, havent done them in a while but this week I will be adding them in. I love them and they hit at an angle nothing else can seem too!

The only pullover machine I have access to is a bench and heavy dumbells.
I like the underhanded low rows for the lower lats but like you said Half, they tend to zap my biceps as well.
Tonight gonna try out different movements to see if I can find some I like.
Elbow position flared out I heard is good

I use these as well, usually as first activity. I don't grab thr handle I grab the outside of the lever near the bottom so palms facing in. That way elbows sit at nice right angles

The only pullover machine I have access to is a bench and heavy dumbells.
I like the underhanded low rows for the lower lats but like you said Half, they tend to zap my biceps as well.
Tonight gonna try out different movements to see if I can find some I like.
Elbow position flared out I heard is good

I flare elbows for width building, and try to keep them tucked for thickness. I honestly don't know if it makes a difference, but I tend to close my eyes and feel where it's working. :)

I flare elbows for width building, and try to keep them tucked for thickness. I honestly don't know if it makes a difference, but I tend to close my eyes and feel where it's working. :)

Flex wheeler style. Eyes closed all workout

Back