Mirtazapine and gear (test only)

BHAM27

I am a combat vet who takes Mirtazapine for PTSD. With this med, the sides are water weight and fat retention. My body weight will increase by about 10lbs+ when on the med. Can someone still have muscle gains with gear or is the water weight and fat retention too much and block the results of test? Any advice is appreciated.

Mirtazapine stimulates hunger via 5HT3 antagonism, making it a good anti-emetic and is also a potent anti-histamine which itself can stimulate hunger I find which is why it can cause weight gain.

It shouldn't have any effect on AAS, however taking an aromtase inhibitor will help reduce the bloat caused via estrogen.

Have you used AAS before?

Last edited:
I have cycled three times but never with taking this med. I am 160lbs without the med and push toward 170lbs with the med. I have only cycled test in the past. Should another compound be added?

Test is fine, 500mg per week is enough to build muscle for a "basic cycle". I only suggest adding other compounds if you know how you go with test. It depends on your goals, there's multile ways to go about it. I'm a big advocate of deca so if you want my opinion on say a bulk cycle, I would suggest 250mg Test/500mg Deca and plenty of food as that is what makes or breaks the bulk, if you want kick it off with dbol at 20-30mg or Anadrol. Again, goal dependant, but diet plays another major role.

I appreciate the info. I had a contact down in Miami for test but no other compounds. I'm concerned with ordering from one of the hundreds of companies that proclaim to have legit gear and do not want to be on someone's database.

Back