Moped Man

images

Scorpion clutch with carbon fiber friction plates and 85lbs springs.

Sounds like my 450! We were goofing around one day and tried putting valve springs out of one of our 250f's in the clutch of my 450. Got 3 of the bolts out of 6 snugged down on the outer pressure plate, and all three bolts that we torqued the springs popped right through the outer pressure plate haha! That clutch wouldn't have slipped ever again if those springs wouldn't have broken through.

Sounds like my 450! We were goofing around one day and tried putting valve springs out of one of our 250f's in the clutch of my 450. Got 3 of the bolts out of 6 snugged down on the outer pressure plate, and all three bolts that we torqued the springs popped right through the outer pressure plate haha! That clutch wouldn't have slipped ever again if those springs wouldn't have broken through.

Those springs make for quite a forearm pump in stop and go.....lol

Those springs make for quite a forearm pump in stop and go.....lol

No shit! I had to work my ass off cardio wise to keep from getting arm pump while racing with just a little stiffer clutch springs than stock, I couldn't imagine what valve springs would have felt like, or those 85lb springs. I always ride with only my index finger to pull the clutch and brake levers no matter what bike I am riding. It's just habit from racing, so when I do ride a friends bagger or cruiser the clutch is a little harder to pull than my dirt bikes!

Back