MOST MEDICAL STUDIES ARE WRONG ABOUT STEROIDS & LIVER CANCER. Here is proof...

JACKDAROIDER

"SIDE EFFECTS OF ANABOLIC STEORIDS" Dr. Gabe Mirkin, M.D.
Anabolic steroids are synthetic male hormones that help athletes grow larger muscles and become stronger. A study from the University of Texas shows that anabolic steroids are not as dangerous as many physicians believe.
Your liver is loaded with chemicals called enzymes. When your liver is damaged, it releases enzymes into your bloodstream, so doctors measure liver damage by measuring blood levels of enzymes. However, many of these enzymes are also found in muscle cells and lifting heavy weights damages muscles, causing these same enzymes to accumulate in the bloodstream. An enzyme called GGTP is found in liver but not muscle cells, and many of the people reported to have liver damage did not have elevated levels of GGTP, showing that there was muscle damage from lifting weights and no liver damage. So most medical studies from reports showing liver damage with anabolic steroids are incorrect because the abnormal liver tests were caused by lifting weights and not by a damaged liver.
I want to thank the owner of stenlabs.com for providing this research for me. I saw it posted somewhere years ago, but I could not find the exact study. This pretty much shows that steroids normally will not cause liver damage. It still goes on to state that massive overdoses of steroids can still damage the liver, heart, enlarge the prostate, and cause infertility.
-THERE IS NO REASON THESE DRUGS SHOULD BE CDS III. PROOF IS THERE.-
- Study from-
1) RD Dickerman, RM Pertusi, NY Zachariah, DR Dufour, WJ McConathy. Anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity: Is it overstated? Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine, 1999, Vol 9, Iss 1, pp. 34-39
2) Med Sci Sports And Exercise. Feb. 1992
3) SA Wemyssholden, FC Hamdy, KJ Hastie. Steroid abuse in athletes, prostatic enlargement and bladder outflow obstruction - Is there a relationship? British Journal of Urology 74: 4 (Oct 1994):476-478
4)Lancet December, 1990

Back