Mr Olympia 19 days awayyyyy

Onk

1kg = 2.20 lbs
So we're 19 days and 19 hours away from the next Mr Olympia (WEEKEND SCHEDULE | Mr. Olympia 2015) and I already feel a little tense.

With a show coming up myself, in 10 weeks, I can't help but get caught in some of the hype.

My favourite bodybuilders of recent years have been Dexter and Shawn Rhoden. I love the symmetry, ripped looks. I'm also impressed that they don't have the same GH bellies that Kai and Phil have. Ok Dexter has it now, but now when he won Mr O.

I've watched Shawn pose before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFwlhG9SotE and think he's amazing, really hope he wins.

Otherwise, already starting to see some pre-olympia hype videos coming out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuVHzwxTqSo) and can't wait until the action starts.

Would love to hear who others have as their favourite, whether Phil is going to win again or if you're into the other events; such as jiu-jitsu, physique etc, what you're after seeing!

As far as what I think a bodybuilder should look like and what is pleasing to the eye, is Dexters look. Symetrical, proportionate, dry, lean, tight waist, big shoulders. He comes it with the same conditioning every year. Conditioning that is bang on and better than anyone elses.

I used to be big into the pro scene but whats drawn me away is all the bullshit politics. I mean guys winning olympias they shouldnt have. Guys winning over and over and over again, I mean it gets redundant. Jay should have beat Ronnie long before he did. Victor should have beat Jay in 2007. Dexter should have won more that ONE title. It gets a bit ridiculous. The best bodybuilders in my eyes and Im sure many others' eyes as well have never even won an Olympia title.

I dont know I want to win. But what I do wish is, if guys like Lee Priest and Kevin Levrone could come back as they once were and step on stage with the whos who of now. These guys now would be put to shame.

Last edited:
Lee Priest! Now that's a home grown here in Australia. We don't have too many world famous athletes, but he's one of them. Shame about all the tattoos he has now a days...

I really do think you'll see a big statement made this year with regard to the distended bellies of the last few years...
Since Arnold came out and ridiculed the offenders in public - the hierarchy had no choice but to stand up and listen - because like him or loathe him, no one has done more for this sport than Arnie.

I noticed at a recent show they placed Roelly Winklaar last because of his unbelievably distended gut - and I think this will be the start of a trend. Don't be surprised to see a few new names in that top 10, as more pleasing aesthetics start to become more prominent again.

However I really can't see them displacing the top 2 of Phil and Kai just yet - but trust me, watch out for the numbers 3 - 10 being filled with competitors who we would class as more 'pleasing to the eye' :)

Phil for the win yet again. (Not my favorite, but he is an ambassador and speaks well most of the time)

Lee Priest! Now that's a home grown here in Australia. We don't have too many world famous athletes, but he's one of them. Shame about all the tattoos he has now a days...

Priest is one of my alltime favs. And that dude knows how to keep it real. You wanna know what Lee thinks of something, go ahead and ask lol.

I agree with Ben though with him picking Phil to win :)

I'm sure I'm alone in this because im old school but I would love to see QUADEZILLA MR WARREN WALK AWAY WITH THE TITTLE

Back