My bulking diet help

cdiggity

Hey guys,

I figured I would take the next step and see if I can get some critiques on my bulking diet. It does vary from day to day, but it tends to look like this:

Breakfast:
3 egg omlette with cheese, 2 slices of ham, a 1/4 of an avocado, sauteed veggies, served with a side of a bagel and cream cheese.

814 calories
43g of fat
58 g of carbs
45 g of protein.

I then have a mid-afternoon snack that consists of homemade yogurt, with berries and walnuts:
352.0 Calories
20.65g of fat
35 g of carbs
17g of protein

Then for lunch, I ether have a leftover dinner, or I eat at my cafeteria. Usually its a chicken breast or something along those lines and tends to look like this:

760 calories
30 g of fat
40g of carbs
56g of protein

then I have a mid lunch shake which looks like:

450 calories
5 fat
65 carbs
30 protein

then dinner, usually another chicken breast or huge piece of salmon. I usually just cook a veggie and forgo a carb for dinner:

425 cal
17.50 g of fat
o g of carbs
62.50 g of protein

Lastly, I eat a protein shake after this which is made up of powder, milk, yogurt, peanut butter, and strawberries. It is roughly:

500 calories
38 g of fat
37.15 g of carbs
49.50 g of protein

So in total Im eating:
3300 calories
116.15 g of fat
235.15 g of carbs
256 g of protein.

All right so lay it on me, any advice on what to change?

u know... bulking doesn't mean eating shit foods..

i read that you eat in your caf... which means you dont have control over your diet as you would like.. e.g. you cant cook for yourself correct???

I eat in the cafeteria about once a week. I know cooking for myself is much better, most of the cheeses I eat are homemade, but I cant cook everything. So yes, it is lazy but I need to be lazy sometimes thats why I eat in the cafeteria, and I do eat the healthiest thing I can from there...

i would cut the fat down and up the carbs...

ideally it would look like this

300g protein
400g carbs
60g fats

To be honest, 15% is kinda high at 170lb so ideally you want to eat as clean as possible on a bulk so you dont go over 16-17% although fat gain is preety much inevitable when your in a surplus of calories. I am a endomorph and from personal experiance I would cut out preety much that last shake of your day because milk just screams sugars. I know my body and sugar does not mix so I try to stay away as much as possible from milk and to much of fruit. Maybe 1-2 servings, if that. I'd make sure ur bagel in the morning was whole wheat but I would try to incorporate cleaner carbs like oatmeal in the morning and possibly brown rice after I train. I'd def. cut out the ham and try to lower my fats like 3j said. I also would try and tell ya that since ur consuming alot of carbs I would try and have the majority of it when I wake up, 1.5-2 hours before I train and directly after I eat then taper the carb amounts as the day progresses. See what works out for ya but thats just my .2c.

To be honest, 15% is kinda high at 170lb so ideally you want to eat as clean as possible on a bulk so you dont go over 16-17% although fat gain is preety much inevitable when your in a surplus of calories. I am a endomorph and from personal experiance I would cut out preety much that last shake of your day because milk just screams sugars. I know my body and sugar does not mix so I try to stay away as much as possible from milk and to much of fruit. Maybe 1-2 servings, if that. I'd make sure ur bagel in the morning was whole wheat but I would try to incorporate cleaner carbs like oatmeal in the morning and possibly brown rice after I train. I'd def. cut out the ham and try to lower my fats like 3j said. I also would try and tell ya that since ur consuming alot of carbs I would try and have the majority of it when I wake up, 1.5-2 hours before I train and directly after I eat then taper the carb amounts as the day progresses. See what works out for ya but thats just my .2c.

Well I used to be 25% so I feel good about my 15%! Truth be told, my main weakness is my sweet tooth and the fact that I like to cook and bake, a very bad weakness to have! I eat tons of snacks that I shouldnt and didnt take into account here, which is why I need my main diet to be spot on. I can make a protein oatmeal snack to have with my omelette, and cut some of the cheese and avocado. Ill update when I get a new diet.

Well I used to be 25% so I feel good about my 15%! Truth be told, my main weakness is my sweet tooth and the fact that I like to cook and bake, a very bad weakness to have! I eat tons of snacks that I shouldnt and didnt take into account here, which is why I need my main diet to be spot on. I can make a protein oatmeal snack to have with my omelette, and cut some of the cheese and avocado. Ill update when I get a new diet.

Good stuff with the -10% cut, and I know what you mean about a sweet tooth. I look forward to seeing your updated diet plan.

Back