my first bulking diet..HELP ME

biglifter303

Just started lifting about 6 months ago and instantly got hooked once i started seeing progress. First day in the gym i took 175 to the chest LOL now ive got my bench right around 290.Anyways, im 22 6'1 200lbs i found a sample bulking diet for 200lbs i thought i would use it the only questions i basically need help with is when to eat. i work second shift so i wake up around 9am and have a break at 540pm at work and 750pm then get off at 11 and straight to the gym. I read your post workout meal is the most important but should i eat that late right before bed? Ill be taking a weight gainer and using creatine any help would be great on maybe the times i should eat like i said im up at 9am and right after i workout i shower and sleep usually around 1am any help would be appreciated thanks guys!

Meal #1
6 Whole Eggs
2 Slices Toast
1 Cup Oatmeal
2 Cups 1% Milk
Multivitamin/mineral supplement
2 Tablespoons Flax Seed Oil

Protein = 51 grams
Carbs = 49 grams
Fat = 35 grams
Total Calories = 1,000

Meal #2
3oz Peanuts
2 Cans Tuna

Protein = 84 grams
Carbs = 15 grams
Fat = 48 grams
Total Calories = 780

Meal #3
8oz Grilled Chicken Breast
1 1/2 Half Cups Rice

Protein = 50 grams
Carbs = 76 grams
Fat = 6 grams
Total Calories = 540

Meal #4
7oz Sirloin Steak
2 Potatoes

Protein = 60 grams
Carbs = 26 grams
Fat = 18 grams
Total Calories = 600

Meal #5 (Pre-Workout)
8oz Grilled Chicken Breast
1 Half Cup Rice
1 Rice Cake (with peanut butter)
2 Bananas

Protein = 60 grams
Carbs = 90 grams
Fat = 8 grams
Total Calories = 650

Meal #6 (Post Workout Shake)
ON 100% Whey Protein (2 Scoops)
2 Tablespoons Glutamine
Multivitamin/mineral supplement
10oz Apple Juice
1 Can Fat Free Yogurt

(Post Workout Meal)
8oz Lean Ground Beef
1 1/2 Cups Rice
3 Rice Cakes (with honey and peanut butter)
2 Cups 1% Milk

Protein = 60 grams
Carbs = 50 grams
Fat = 7 grams
Total Calores = 780

Meal #7 (Just before bed)
8oz Cottage Cheese (Lowfat)
2 Tablespoons Flax Seed Oil

Protein = 24 grams
Carbs = 8 grams
Fat = 4 grams
Total Calories = 160

based on the diet your eating close to 4400 calories off the top of my head... have you been gaining weight? how quickly if so?

are you on gear?

you have the protein timing down correctly... i would change the meal before your workout to a lean chicken/turkey or fish.. no need for beef there.. your having it after your workout and having cottage cheese after that too... both are slow digesting proteins and will take care of your amino acid levels as you sleep..

i would also remove the yogurt post workout.. it slows down the digestion of everything else in that meal and you want all that to get to your system quickly

Back