My road back from injury - SARMS

Tog565

Here goes nothin.....I'll be 43 in a week and after 20 or so years of "fitness" training I suffered a back injury that sidelined me for several years. The toll on my body and mind was of such a crazy magnitude that you would believe that I had never trained a day in my life. It was amazing how fast it all went....Living my life in the 10% or so b/f range to hitting 30+%!!!! I had become what I detested. I have tried comebacks in the past but the pain was just too much to bear and I would quit. Not this time. Ill train smart to avoid it as much as possible but its time to say F it and move on. I will update this thread and show my progress in hopes of adding motivation, getting input (the supps game has changed a ton and I feel as if I know nothing about it any more), to motivate others in my situation, and provide hopefully a place of knowledge for others. I plan on embarassing myself with posting photos if I can figure it out. Here goes:

I am 43 yrs old, 5'8", 210 @21.1 b/f

Have 2 herniated disks with sciatica

I am on TRT dosing 100 e/w (usually) with finesteride e/d and Arimedex .5 eod

I have started a SARM STACK:
GW
RAD-140
LGD
(I originally started the stack with S-4, Osterine, and GW but I felt no sides from S-4 at 100 so I think Its all probably bunk. I wish there was a way to know what youre getting)

Added 250 Test Cyp e/w to this stack

Calories are around 2,000 with macro breakdown of 45% P, 35% C, 20%F

Doing Body Beast Lean Program

I started 21 March and am 3 weeks in. I shoulda documented bloods and this thread earlier but I literally woke up one day and said F it....time to train!!!!

I am currently at 20% b/f and down to 204lbs

Goals:
To be healthy
To gain muscle and lose fat (want the "fit" look but enjoying life a bit so not looking to get ripped like I used to nor huge as I find that I no longer have the hunger like I use to for it...lol)
To reach 185 lbs with 12% b/f

Thats about it for now. Feel free to chime in.

- Peace

Here goes nothin.....I'll be 43 in a week and after 20 or so years of "fitness" training I suffered a back injury that sidelined me for several years.

Have 2 herniated disks with sciatica

have you thought about getting those discs surgically repaired and just being done with it, before you end up completely blowing out one of those discs in your spinal cord and end up paralyzed for 6 weeks (I been there). That way you don't end up worse off in the end then the start, committing to this fitness program and then being sidelined again. I'd just get it fixed, recover from the surgery , then go after it 100 % . . (coming from a guy that has had numerous severe back injuries and multiple surgeries)

Thx Milton! Roush thanks for the advice man. No one truly knows back pain unless youve been there. Its nice to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! My Dr and I are pretty conservative on treatments and I am doing my last round of shots Tuesday and then we are going to try to freeze the nerve. If these dont work then Ill have no choice but to go under the knife. Before I do that though, Im going to try to get down to my fighting weight and see how I feel. Hopefully Ill be all good. Until then I gotta stay away from heavy barbell lifts which arent part of Body Beast anyway so I should be good there. How long did it take you to recover?

Back