Natty Diet

SAINT-TX

Do you have to either be bulking or cutting. I want to gain some muscle mass but I don't want to sacrifice going for my six pack. I almost have it back but I wan't some size too. I'm about to have to pick a diet BULK OR CUTT and I need some advice.

Right now pre-diet I eat like this.

Breakfast:
Potien Bar, Protien shake

Snack: Fruit, or Some Low fat, Beef Jerky.

Lunch: Two cans of Tuna on wheat bread, small bag of Baked chips

Snack: Beef Jerky, protien bar or fruit

Dinner: Two Chicken Breast, and a veg.

(workout)
Protien milk thats at the gym

Sleep

Now I know this is a nice diet for just a Normal person, but What should I add or remove to this. And should I bulk then Cutt or is it possible to do both? AND REMEMBER I'M STAYING NATURAL.

I just started working out again Natural for about 2 months. I posted a couple before and after pic of 2 months training. Not sure If I should start bulkin first or continue cutting. Thanks for any advice...Ya'll are extremely helpfull to newbies, and most don't give us to much shit :p

i'd say you should bulk IMO. Keep the cals clean dont eat junkfood type shit but just eat more often and you'll grow. you always sacrafice definition for size and vice versa but i'd pack the pounds on and work from there if i was you. post routine's etc...

do your cardio when u wake up out of bed before u eat. U need to eat alot more food whether cutting or bulking.

Phil9999 said:
do your cardio when u wake up out of bed before u eat. U need to eat alot more food whether cutting or bulking.

What will running before I eat do? Will it burn more fat because I haven't eaten yet or something?

bulk doesnt = get fat.

this may not hold true for most people here (and other boards) that will sacrifice being able to take their shirt off in public for size, but you can still gain strength and size while maintaining bf. Its just a tradeoff for size/strength/how quickly you can achieve those gains.

For non competing, natty individuals, theres no reason to be above 12% bf ever. 95% of the people on these boards work out for fun/hobby/aethetic reasons...bulking up to 25% in the hopes of one day shedding all the fat to look decent is a pretty dipshit way to go about things.

as for diet, if you want to lose some bf, set your diet up something like this

multiply your lean bodyweight by 12. This will give you a ballpark for how many cals you should be eating.
eat:
1.5g per pound of protein
1g carbs per pound
and let fat make up the rest of the cals.

eat protein with every meal.
eat carbs for breakfast, and before and after workouts. the rest of your meals should be lean protein and some type of healthy fat and green veggies.

the diet you laid out isnt the greatest, but its not too horrible. just make the changes i suggested and see what you come up with.

Last edited:
SAINT-TX said:
What will running before I eat do? Will it burn more fat because I haven't eaten yet or something?
id suggest a brisk walk. youll burn more cals running, but a larger percentage of fat cals will be used when walking.

if you want to do higher intensity stuff, id recommend HIIT cardio (interval sprints).

not eating before doing morning cardio ensures there will be no insulin present to inhibit fat loss.

Id do something like this
SAINT-TX said:
Breakfast:
Potien Bar, Protien shake
Protein shake, low gi carb (oatmeal, sweet potato, brown rice, ezekiel bread, etc), multivitamin
Snack: Fruit, or Some Low fat, Beef Jerky.
Beef jerky or other lean protein, handful of nuts, maybe some broccoli or a salad with dark leafs w/ olive oil dressing
Lunch: Two cans of Tuna on wheat bread, small bag of Baked chips
Whole wheat sandwhich with 1 can of tuna and spinach lettuce. I wouldnt have the chips here all the time
Snack: Beef Jerky, protien bar or fruit
Beef jerky is fine, dont need the protein bar. Id have a shake instead if youre not getting at least 30g protien from the jerky
Dinner: Two Chicken Breast, and a veg.
Two chicken breasts, brown rice, serving of fruit
(workout)
Protien milk thats at the gym
"Protein milk", oatmeal with a little honey, or grits, or a bagel/muffin, white rice, etc
Sleep
just got rid of some of the carbs during the day, and added in some veggies and good fats. otherwise, looks good.

Last edited:
If you truly want to bulk then running really isnt the answere, i have wrestled all my life and it is imposible to build size during season when that much cardio is involved, however once all my running and conditioning stops i still stay pretty lean for the average person when putting on weight.

Bulk a little then worry about cutting down after you have gained a little of the size you have wanted.

I you want to put on size get very lean first, then bulk but keep your bodyfat below 12% anything beyond that is not good, and you will be depressed at how much size you need to lose in order to get lean. Keep lean, I find that I can gain the most amount of size in the 9% range. Start at a lower bodyfat percentage then bulk, slowly over a longer period of time than you would use for cutting up.

Back