neck position on shrugs

parker210

does it matter if my head is bent forward or looking straight forward. I feel it working more when i look down

When you get in to higher weights, it is important to keep you head up I think. Keeps you spine all in line.

Putting your chin down is dangerous, if you place your head forwards as I do be VERY careful that it is not very much.

Well wasnt it Dorian yates that did his shrugs vid the chin against the chest, i´ve done both.. like the one looking forward best, but i get a good connection when my chin is on the chest.

dorian puts his neck in his chin cause he says he feels it more in his traps.. but it doesnt necessarily mean its better... sometimes those 80's videos of how to exercise properly are accurate

Bast said:
Well wasnt it Dorian yates that did his shrugs vid the chin against the chest, i´ve done both.. like the one looking forward best, but i get a good connection when my chin is on the chest.

Some people doing things the "wrong way" will be just fine. Some people doing things the "right way" will still get hurt with big weights. Everyone is built differently, if it works for you, it may be just fine to continue doing.

There is a good chance you could play Russian Roulette with a loaded gun and survive, for awhile too. Doesn't mean it would be the smartest thing to do.

Back