Need Advice with Bloodwork

T_Mack

Hi guys,

I'm 45 yo, 6***8217;3***8221;, 238 lbs, 23%bf and using Test E for low libido, bad mood and regular (albeit recreational) weightlifting (5x/wk). I didn***8217;t have low enough test levels to warrant a prescription from my doctor, but I started researching Low T from sources like*****my doctor, talking with 20 year AAS users (former bodybuilders at the gym), ********no links to outside sites allowed***, your site and other sites like it. After a year I decided the benefits outweighed the risk for me and I started a 250mg/wk Test e cruise (this was 6 months ago). I have seen a dramatic increase in all the reasons I had decided to start taking it. Morning flagpole, much better mood, energy level and with a lot of hard work all my 1RM are moving up.
As expected my Test levels have increased dramatically (6.5->43.3 Free, 153->1015 Bioav, 330->1490 Total) while keeping all my lipids, cholesterol and liver tests within normal range. I have a very well respected (but non-progressive) Endocrinologist monitoring me who believes these levels are all way too high for my age. He believes my body can***8217;t use this much Free T anyhow and the ratio of Free and Bioav to Total is also way too high. My AAS buddies at the gym tell me their Test levels were between 5000-8000 during their competition years and I have the wrong doctor, so I***8217;m looking for a third opinion.
Keep in mind, my goals don***8217;t match my doctor***8217;s (stay normal for a 45 year old male) or my gym buddies (get huge on AAS). I would like to remain healthy while feeling like I***8217;m 30-35 (as I do now).
I have two problems from my blood work***8230;my Hemoglobin has remained high at 18.0-18.5g/dl and my Estradiol has gone from 35 to 55 to 70 over 6 months.
My doctor says I am at risk of stroke and to shutdown for 2-3 months and re-do all bloodwork. My buddies tell me they wouldn***8217;t change anything, or to take some Arimidex or to switch to Winstrol instead of Test, to stop estrogen aromatization.
I***8217;d prefer to continue the cruise and adjust my dosage if these levels should be alarming me and would come down with a lesser dosage, but I don***8217;t know how serious to take my doctor since he is so conservative. Should I be concerned about these Hemoglobin and Estradiol levels?
I***8217;ve enjoyed all the forums I***8217;ve read out here and respect your opinions, please comment.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I should clarify my intentions, I'm on this for strength and aesthetics too...it isn't just low T. My body is shaping up nicely and I don't want to stop, drop back to the low 300s and lose that. I also like the "slow growth" I've seen from a lower dosage...I'd like to avoid cycling if I can.

My AAS buddies tell me to give blood and stop going to the doctor, that my Estradiol needs to be high because my T is and it's more about the ratio to T, than the E number itself.

I've been paranoid of gyno, but nipples are NOT puffy, itchy, sensitive or anything! Now, I cry at sappy commercials with puppies in them, but doesn't everyone (with an elevated Estrogen level)?

Back