Need Advise: Gear caused BP 160/105…

brokenbody

Sorry for repackaging this post…I originally put it in an old thread that did not get many views and I am a bit concerned about how to lower my blood pressure.

Well, I am sad to say that I need some help. It started off great. Sprung wood like I was in high school again. Joints felt better. I gained about 8lbs in 3 days (must be water). Was on for about a week before I noticed pounding in my ears. I took my blood pressure and it is at 160/105 (normally about 130/75). I cannot believe how fast it shot up. Got off the testosterone thinking it was causing the problem...(still high after 4 days). Cut back on the hgh to 1iu – still did not drop the blood pressure.

Here is what I did (for only one week):
*Transdermal testosterone 200mg a day (described to me as a HRT type dosage since most of it is not absorbed)...includes proscar
*Arimidex/anastrozole .5mg EOD (tried 1mg ED last couple of days)
*HGH 2.4iu ED (dropped down to 1iu ED last couple of days)

I am guessing that blood pressure is high because of the water retention? I thought the anastrozole was suppose to stop that? I read in the profiles that HGH is not likely to raise BP?

Any ideas how to get rid of the water or lower the BP. Also, any idea what type/brand/name of blood pressure medicine I should get to lower my blood pressure? Any other tricks in the meantime?

I would love to continue with the program since I feel great (other than the pounding ears). Should I use Blood pressure medicine with the gear or am I probably just one of those guys that just “can’t handle the juice.”

Any help is very much appreciated. I am concerned but do not want to go to the doctor because I do not want High Blood pressure listed as a medical problem for insurance (since it was artificially induced). Thanks!

165/105...was this a single reading, or an average? GH can cause water retention, and that will increase bp to a degree. GH water retention isn't estrogen-mediated, so an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) won't affect that. Assuming your sodium intake is low and water intake is relatively high, if you're still seeing a trend of high bp, even while using an Aromatase inhibitor (AI), then you may want to try something like dandelion root....I wouldn't use a real diuretic. If your bp is still high after that, then I'd drop everything and normalize to get an idea of what your baseline bp is.....don't stack bp meds with your cycle unless you know the cause of the elevated bp IMO.

Thanks for the reply…it is great to hear from somebody in the field.

The Blood pressure readings were from a reliable home unit. I took the readings many times because I was in disbelief it could have raised over 30pts in a week. Now I have taken it so many times I think just taking it is giving me high BP. ;)

Damn, I cut back on water when I saw the high BP and thought it was from water retention. Thinking about it, I guess that I should drink tons of water to convince my body it does not need to save it?

I did not know that HGH caused water retention...In the steroid profiles section for HGH it says it is “rare.” – but I guess by definition “rare” does cause water retention in some.

I will try the dandelion root if the increase in water intake does not solve my problem. Thanks so much for the response…I am feeling better already!

Here is some good reading for you bro....

Treating High Blood Pressure
Study Suggests Diuretics Are Best

By Deanna Bellandi
The Associated Press

C H I C A G O, Dec. 17 — A cheaper, older diuretic drug is as good, if not better, than some newer medicines for treating high blood pressure and preventing its complications, a North American study of 33,357 patients has found.

Researchers suggest diuretics, commonly called water pills, be the first medicine prescribed to treat high blood pressure and that, when multiple medications are needed, a diuretic be one of them.
Other research has touted the benefits of diuretics, which work by ridding the body of excess sodium and water.

"The hope is that we make it easier for both providers and patients to achieve blood pressure control using the most effective, as well as least costly, medication," said Dr. Jackson T. Wright Jr. of Case Western Reserve University and vice chairman of the study's steering committee.

About 50 million Americans - one in four adults - are estimated to have high blood pressure, a risk factor for stroke and heart attack.

The eight-year study published in Tuesday's Journal of the American Medical Association included patients aged 55 and older from 623 sites in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The study compared the diuretic chlorthalidone with the ACE inhibitor lisinopril and the calcium channel blocker amlodipine.

A third arm of the study was halted more than two years ago when another drug, an alpha blocker, proved less effective than diuretic treatment.

The newly reported findings show a slightly greater percentage of patients got their blood pressure below 140/90 when they used the diuretic compared with the ACE inhibitor or calcium channel blocker.

Researchers also found the diuretic was better than the calcium channel blocker in preventing heart failure and better than the ACE inhibitor in preventing stroke, heart failure and chest pains.

Diuretics might be excellent therapy for some, but not all patients can take them, noted Dr. David A. Meyerson, a Johns Hopkins University cardiologist and American Heart Association spokesman who was not involved in the research.

The hypertension research was part of a clinical trial that also looked at cholesterol-lowering in patients with high blood pressure.

The cholesterol study included 10,355 patients from the more than 42,000 people recruited for the blood pressure study.

In the second study, the cholesterol-lowering drug pravastatin was compared with usual care given to patients, which typically meant a low-cholesterol diet.

However, as the study progressed, more patients in the usual care group began taking the cholesterol-lowering medications, called statins, because their conditions warranted it.

Those taking pravastatin reduced total cholesterol by 20 percent after six years, while the usual care group saw total cholesterol decline 11 percent. But the difference between groups might have been greater had some of the usual-care patients not started taking statins, said Dr. Barry R. Davis of the University of Texas School of Public Health in Houston and director of the study's clinical trials center.

Meyerson of John Hopkins said the case for continued use of statins remains strong despite the study's flaws.

Other research has shown that statins, specifically pravastatin, can reduce deaths from heart disease. When diet and lifestyle changes don't work in lowering cholesterol, patients should consider going on a statin drug to reduce their cholesterol, Davis said.

Both studies were mostly funded by the study's sponsor, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Researchers received study medications from pharmaceutical companies, and Pfizer provided some financial support.

I have been taking ZMA for a month now, twice a day- equating to around a gram a day of magnesium and my systolic pressure is now consistently 10mm lower. ;)

Brokenbody,
your BP is getting rather elevated and I would not rec keeping at that level for long.
You need a diuretic and or an ACE Inhibitor BP med. There is a combo of this called Hyzaar. The diuretic is for obvious reasons and the ACE I is to combat the aldosterone levels caused by the exo Testos you are using.

Back