Needing a boost... thinking anavar plus clen and ECA is what will surpass my plateau

DobieQueen

Hello Everyone

I have been in the fitness world for many years... been working out since I was 16 (I am now 33) ...although I am new to this forum, I would like to get some help and advice as you can never get enough! I love trying new things especially when they will help me improve. Here is a little more history about me and what I am doing and considering... any help would be greately appreciated...

I have been always between 125-130lbs, (I'm 5'4) and a few years ago I was in 2 very serious accidents and also very sick which not only put me in a wheelchair but also took me out of the gym and on a lot of meds to get me through it... long story short... even though I ate healthy, the meds made me blow up and gain a tremendous amount of weight in an extremely short time... I blew up to a whopping 198lbs!!!! In August 2010, I was finally able to walk again and had the OK to go back to the gym from my doctors which I happily did and I also continued the rest of my rehab (I can walk today but still can't run or do any high intensity cardio)... I have been training since then and lost 50lbs... today I am down to 150lbs and have another 20-25lbs to lose but hit a plateau and can't get it under that for some reason.... my diet is clean and I eat every 3-4 hours... I do eat small quantities and my caloric intake reaches around 1000-1200 and sometimes a little under. I am not a fan of carbs as I notice they make me feel bloated and stay away from them except for foods like oatmeal, sweet potato, rice occasionally but I usually eat it before 2pm on any day. I also work out daily - minimum 5 times per week... usually everyday and recently started doing cardio in the mornings as well on top of my regular evening workout. I always do a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio each day partly because when I'm at work, I sit at a desk and get no exercise for 8 hours!!! Currently I am on high protein (chicken, eggs and fish) and veggies - no sodium/no sugar/low carb/no fruit food plan... which I have no problem with. I have always eaten low carb, no sugar, low sodium, etc....

As for supplements, I have only ever used vitamins, fat burners, clen, protein powders, pre and post workouts, etc to assist me in my workouts, recovery and weight loss.... I am currently planning on running a cycle of anavar and wanted to see what the ladies on this forum think. My goal is obviously to reduce my weight, lose fat, overall shrink in size and tone up.... I want my old body back or even make it better.... my boyfriend is very experienced with all kinds and he suggested I do it and it would be perfect for me but I wanted to do my own research (which I have been doing extensively) and want other female opinions.... he also suggested I add clen and ECA to the mix and rotate between the two with anavar.....so what I am asking is.... can you please let me know your opinion as for what I can expect and even though I still have limitations due to my back/hip/legs injuries and can't push as hard as I used to, as well as what I should add to my diet or any other pointers... I should also mention that because all my ligaments and nerves were reattached in my legs/knees, I tend to get cramping quite a bit, especially when I train legs and calves.... I read that anavar can give you those as a side effect.... I want to get my body back into shape with the least sides and need to know how to prevent them... any help is appreciated.... thank you in advance!

I'll write a quick reply just to get things rolling. The first thing that jumped out at me is that you eat around 1000 calories or sometimes under, that stalls your progress. Your body is in starvation mode and you're confusing it by exercising and eating so little, you need to bump up those calories or even carb cycle so that your metabolism kicks in again. Well done on the job so far and sorry to hear about your accidents. Glad you're on the mend. I seriously think you don't need gear because that won't melt the fat off you. You need to restructure your diet, include healthy fats (didn't notice that in your write up) eat a varied protein source, not just chicken and egg whites and you should see improvements.

When that is in place, if you still think you need a boost then you can look into gear, but that will have a tendency to add bloat which you don't want. Don't over think and be too strict either, you're not trying to compete so having a totally bland diet is not needed, just eating properly for your body. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. :) My diet has been clean all my life. I do throw in healthy fats in there as well. I don't eat a lot of carbs... by choice as they don't make me feel good... I'm suspecting I may have a gluten or some sort of allergy to most of it... rice pasta, rye breads, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc seem to work out OK for me... but I don't eat it daily... yes my calories are fairly low but I also sit on my butt all day at work so I eat small meals but frequently... I also do have cheat meals every once in a while and I drink a lot of water and teas. I do not have a huge appetite and have always eaten this way so I am not having a hard time, I guess eating more would be more difficult? But how much more should I be eating now? I do find that if I am reaching the 3 hour mark and don't eat something then my stomach starts growling... So I think my metabolism is on track...

To give you an idea here is my typical day:

7am - protein shake - scoop of protein, soy milk, ice, berries or banana, oatmeal, egg, and some days I add peanut butter, almond butter or yogurt. I used to add hemp oil to my shakes as well.
10am - 4 egg whites and 2 yolks (only because I can't stomach just egg whites so I need to chop it all up together) and yogurt or I have a can of tuna and cottage cheese
1pm - chicken breast or white fish with veggies (dark greens such as broccolli, green beans, asparagus, brussel sprouts and all varieties of peppers and onion) sometimes I have dark green salads with yogurt dressings, and some days I have some brown rice or some sweet potato
4pm - usually finish work and have a protein shake on my way to the gym from work with just water
7pm - chicken, white fish with green veggies as lunch
10pm - if I am up late, as I try to get to bed by 9.30 or 10pm during the week, I have another quick shake with water to hold me over till morning

I have now eliminated all sugars and reduced my sodium even more the last 2 weeks and stay away from fruits and dairy ... hopefully that will help me tip the scale under 150 as I have been stuck there for a bit now.

Next week I am back to doing cardio in the mornings when I wake up on empty stomach and second session after work with weights.

I have actually started Anavar and ECA stack this morning and I am feeling good so far. :)

Lol started already.. Ok!

I think your diet isn't right. And there's nothing wrong with fruits. Getting competition ready I went against the grain in that sense and kept fruit in my diet .. I cut down a lot and got in real shape. I think people get ideas stuck in their heads that they must have this or that wrong with them, when in most cases, you just need to change how you eat. I don't know what eating clean means to you, but there's a difference between that and being sensible. There's a diet forum here and you can get some great advice. Sitting on your butt all day your body is keeping you alive, your lungs are breathing, your hormones are doing their thing, your heart is beating non stop, your mind is thinking, etc.. Peole think doing nothing means their metabolism still isn't moving! At rest your body still burns calories. Have you ever gone to bed with a fully bloated tummy and woken the next morning with it flat? Your body is always working, so don't think you shouldn't be eating just because you're not on your feet running.

I hope you're going to be sensible with your cycle, you did ask advice about the gear and now you're starting without hearing out from anyone about it. Women here are knowlegeable, way more than men when it comes to aas and female physiology. Be careful and good luck

Hi :)

Yes I have started today. I have been researching it for a while just decided to post as I was referred to this forum and possibly get additional info and tips now as I'm starting it. I have used various supplements in the past but this is my first Anavar cycle... I am eating every 3 hours and starting to keep a detailed diary of everything I eat and portions so I can calculate my calories exactly. The fruit elimination and some veggies was for the sugar...

How else would you suggest I break my 150lbs plateau as I have been stuck here... I have changed my routine at the gym and increased cardio and the changes with food. I know I am one of those people who can go without eating all day as long as I have water but I know that is not how to do it. I always make sure I have something to eat 5-6 times per day.

You've hit a plateau for a few reasons, one being that it's natural for that to happen so don't get disheartened, it does mean something needs to change, which brings me to two.. Your calories are too low. There are 2 ways out, either lower your calories further or increase them. You need your metabolism working again because you seem to have slowed it down and eating more food (and the right kind of food because I think your diet needs some work). When you increase you may initially put on some weight, but it would go again because you'll have got your furnace burning again. As for exercises I can't see how you train, for all I know there could be mistakes in form and execution or you could be a complete pro, none of us will know that bit.

The only variable I know for a fact is that you need to improve on your caloric intake and food choices.
Male sense?

It sure does make sense :) Thank you!

I have been watching what I eat and I have trained for many years. But I figure that what may have worked for me when I was 20 will not work for me now in my 30's... so I am open to more suggestons plus using anavar is new to my body but so far so good. I do have a question for you though. While on Anavar, will my birth control (nuva ring) affect anavar's results??? I have read mixed posts about it as some believe it will countreact and I'm wasting my time and money but others say it has no effect. I am due to start it this week and I'm thinking I should wait till my anavar cycle is done. Any thoughts on that?

As for my workouts...My form is perfect as I have been told and I truly believe in quality of my reps versus quantity. I know my workouts are done to my maximum. I have also trained with trainers as well as on my own. I have extensive knowledge and have trained people myself. The only thing I have never done is anavar or any other steroid... I am familiar with majority of supplements and have used them over the years. Anavar is new to me and it's the next level of fitness that based on my age now and interest and goals that I want to achieve with it plus take my body to a new level and surpass my plateau...and yes maybe be back into competition mode in a year or two...

you have 'trained', what does your 'training' look like?

Post your workout routine..
Weights and reps...

Everyone can beat a plateau, trust me!!

you have 'trained', what does your 'training' look like?

Post your workout routine..
Weights and reps...

Everyone can beat a plateau, trust me!!

I know everyone can beat a plateau... I have been doing this long enough to know it. :) The only problem I have is the fact that my body has never been this heavy and losing 50lbs seems like that is all it allowed me to do as I am stuck right now. (I've always weighed 125-130lbs...went up to 198lbs after my sickness and accidents and now are at 150lbs)... I have 20-25lbs left and adjusted my diet and workouts further and like to change things up every few weeks.

Last edited:
Back