Nerd needs help

asexynerd

Hi everybody,

My name is Ali - Age -19 from Orlando, FL. 2-4 months ago I was 100-103 pounds and I was sick of looking like a skinny little boy. I finally joined golds gym and started working out with a trainer for 24 sessions 30 minutes each, 4 times a week. She put my ass to work, gave me alot of motivation and always believed in me. I work for my mother at Planet Smoothie which helped with my diet since we have alot of Protein drinks. I was consumeing about 2500-3000 cal a day and that included meals and protein drinks . After my 24 sessions I gained 130 pounds and quite a few inchs all over. Now I am doing "Universal 12 Week Bodybuilding Course" which I found on the internet. I am doing week 3 which consist of.....

Exercise 1 : Press - 3 sets 12-10-8

Exercise 2 : Upright Rowing 3 sets 12-10-8

Exercise 3 : Bench Press 3 sets 12-10-8

Exercise 4 : Straight Arm Pullovers 3 sets 12-10-8

Exercise 5 : Squat - 3 sets 12-10-8

Exercise 6 : Wide-Grip Chin up 3 sets 12-10-8

Exercise 7 : Leg Pushout 2 reps of 12

I am using weights that would give me a challenge me not pamper me. I am now 150 pounds. I am also taking N.O xplode and Nitrx for BSN . But what I want to know is that Is this a good program and what supplements should I use or if not what would you all recommend for me.

P.S this is me now

I would add deadlifts to any program.
I like 3 days per week splits (1. chest/tris - 2.legs - 3.back/bis)

Congrats on you progress.

Well, if you really wanna get big you have to double your calories. 5-6k a day - that's bulking. I dunno about this Bodybuilding Course (sounds like a bit of a money grab).

I like 3 days splits, centered on compound exercises with a lot of attention put on squats, deads and bench.

you need to vary your rep range. using 3 setes of 8-12 every exercise sucks

Mudge said:
You gained 130 pounds or you gained weight until you reached 130 total pounds?
I can only assume he is 130lbs now I never heard of anyone gaining 130 extra pounds in 3 months wow......

I was a 100lbs when I started and now I am 150lbs after about almost 4 months. This is what I was doing.

7:00am - 48gram Whey Protein with 1 banana & Acia 500+ Cal 32 oz
8:30am - 18oz Water bottle
9:00am - Acia Smoothie with Blueberry and Banana 400+ Cal 22 oz
10:30am - 18oz Water bottle
11:00am - PBJ with Whey Protein 500+ Cal 22oz
12:30pm - 18oz Water bottle
3:00pm - Acia Smoothie with Blueberry and Banana 400+ Cal 22 oz
5:30pm - Mass Recovery 380 Cal < After Workout
8:00pm - Dinner (mostly Chicken type with Rice and Greens)
10:00pm : 48Gram Whey Protein

I can post the link to the BodyBuilding course and you can let me know if its really worth sir. The reason I am doing my reps like that is because of the course. It says progressive training system will help me gain more power. And are there any supplements would you guys recommend for me?

Last edited:
I would strongly suggest some actual solid food there, you are taking in almost all liquid calories. This is a bad habit to get into for several reasons, not only quality of 'foods' but once you start getting up in poundage I dont think you are going to continue to build a quality body on almost all bananas, blueberries with a tiny bit of chicken in one meal and peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches.

Thats just my thoughts, more real food, not so much liquid stuff there.

Mudge said:
I would strongly suggest some actual solid food there,

Yeah, your not going to end up looking very good with a body built on smoothies. Haha.

But your a beginner. You will see. :)

Mudge said:
I would strongly suggest some actual solid food there, you are taking in almost all liquid calories. This is a bad habit to get into for several reasons, not only quality of 'foods' but once you start getting up in poundage I dont think you are going to continue to build a quality body on almost all bananas, blueberries with a tiny bit of chicken in one meal and peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches.

Thats just my thoughts, more real food, not so much liquid stuff there.
i agree . meat does a body good .

I got you guyz on the meat part which I will immedietaly do but can you guys give me a good workout plan for me?. I am down for the 3 day split but what kind of things should I do for each part if you care to tell me. I am also thinking of doing a cycle of methyl 1-d , speed , nitros and formadrol since it shows alot of promise but I hope it delivers unless anyone here has something better that they can recommend to me?

asexynerd said:
I got you guyz on the meat part which I will immedietaly do but can you guys give me a good workout plan for me?

No but you could do some research and post one up yourself and we will be glad to critique it for u. :)

keep it up. at the beginning you'll grow off just about anything. as you advance, you;ll need to keep up withyour bodys need for better quality foodstuffs. as with working out, you need a variation in your diet to grow. it takes alot just to make that step. i tell all the people i train that the hardest thing to do is just getting through the door of the gym, after that its all butter (and sweat)...good luck ,and keep researching/learning. use the search feature,ask questions.

Thx solcraft. I was pretty lazy this whole week and didn't go to the gym but I am going tomorrow in the morning. I went to bodybuilding.com and looked at some of the workouts they have there which I am going to try tomorrow.

asexynerd said:
I got you guyz on the meat part which I will immedietaly do but can you guys give me a good workout plan for me?. I am down for the 3 day split but what kind of things should I do for each part if you care to tell me. I am also thinking of doing a cycle of methyl 1-d , speed , nitros and formadrol since it shows alot of promise but I hope it delivers unless anyone here has something better that they can recommend to me?

I like this guy already.

asexynerd said:
Get your training and diet down before messing with supplements.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56428
The second routine would be good for you.

Supplements are a tiny part of the picture, the industry of course pumps up your brain to think more of them because they are awesome profit makers. I would love a chunk of that pie myself, those guys make dough - off of YOU and your dreams.

Training and diet first, some creatine ethyl ester though, I have to admit that stuff works. No other creatine has worked for me before, despite how much I've used dose wise (stubborn body).

Most of us have made the mistakes and done the trial and error thing, this road continues the rest of our lives. But for now, we will all tell you training and diet, supplements are an afterthought until you know what you are doing. At the moment you may only get another 5-10% out of them.

Back