new sterilization idea/question

hehatemepj

I have been reading up on fina to tren and I hear people saying just filter with a whatman .22 and that there is no need to bake the oil in an oven because it doesn't get hot enough because of the oil or it doesn't use pressure like an autoclave. Then I read that some people use a pressure cooker like an autoclave so you get heat and pressure. Then some people say that doesn't work either due to the oil. There HAS to be a way that will sterilize it beyond just filtering.

It seems to me like the only thing that could be contaminated is the crushed fina if you are using everything else that is sterile along with usp oil. So why not crush the fina and put that into a pressure cooker or oven? If you can't do that with powder then why not with the BA or BB and add oil after it is in the pressure cooker then filter. or how about adding a lot more BA or some other bacteria killing chemical to the fina (alcohol? or something) than what is needed, letting it sit until any bacteria is killed and baking the solution until the ba/chemical evaporates then you are left with basically sterile fina and then continue the process as normal.

THANKS!

Because that would be way too much work for something so simple.
When you dissolve the pellets, you're basically killing anything in them since the mixture contains BA. Then assuming you are using sterile oil, you should have a completely sterile product. If your oil isn't sterile, just bake the oil itself before mixing.

BA isn't really to make the solution sterile though. It just keeps environment bacteria free, basically stabilizes the mixture.

once final product is together, it needs to be filtered.

BA isn't really to make the solution sterile though. It just keeps environment bacteria free, basically stabilizes the mixture.

once final product is together, it needs to be filtered.

As I understand it, when BA is added to the final product it serves that purpose because it's so diluted. But in the concentration used to dissolve the pellets, it would surely sterilize as well. No?

Thanks for the responses guys. It seems like for every answer to a sterilization question there is someone who says the exact opposite thing. I'm not sure about the BA sterilizing, I will keep researching....

As I understand it, when BA is added to the final product it serves that purpose because it's so diluted. But in the concentration used to dissolve the pellets, it would surely sterilize as well. No?

Though my homebrizzle Monger is a conesuer of knowledge he is misunderstood on the difference between Bacteriostatic and Bacteriocidal compounds.

Benzyl Alcohol is Bacteriostatic meaning that the compound will inhibit the growth of bacteria without actually killing it. In high concentrations Bacteriostatic compounds can be Bacteriocidal which is a bacteria killer but the concentrations would be so high with BA in this process that it would be well past toxic for the juicers body!

Though my homebrizzle Monger is a conesuer of knowledge he is misunderstood on the difference between Bacteriostatic and Bacteriocidal compounds.

Benzyl Alcohol is Bacteriostatic meaning that the compound will inhibit the growth of bacteria without actually killing it. In high concentrations Bacteriostatic compounds can be Bacteriocidal which is a bacteria killer but the concentrations would be so high with BA in this process that it would be well past toxic for the juicers body!

Ok, so I'm still on the right track then. I'm talking about the period of time where you soak the pellets in your BA/BB mix. The concentration at that period is very high. In my mind, I would think that would kill any bacteria. You agree homeslice?

I agree with those who say all the solutions are sterile after filtration. I made a little research and found a very good filtration diagram, which shows very clear and help to understand this sterilizing question :

sterlitech.com/media/pdfs/filtrationspectrum.pdf

At this site you can find many other useful informations about choosing the right filter.

If you check you can see using a 0.22 or 0.45 filter is good to go, we are in the Microfiltration zone. Almost all the bacterias are being removed like this, but not the viruses according to this. With heating I think these organic, living parts of the solvent are killed, IF they are in.
Anyway if you don't filter you let beach sand and human hair ( see the chart ) in the gear, and who wants to get them iinjected ? :)

I agree with those who say all the solutions are sterile after filtration. I made a little research and found a very good filtration diagram, which shows very clear and help to understand this sterilizing question :

sterlitech.com/media/pdfs/filtrationspectrum.pdf

At this site you can find many other useful informations about choosing the right filter.

If you check you can see using a 0.22 or 0.45 filter is good to go, we are in the Microfiltration zone. Almost all the bacterias are being removed like this, but not the viruses according to this. With heating I think these organic, living parts of the solvent are killed, IF they are in.
Anyway if you don't filter you let beach sand and human hair ( see the chart ) in the gear, and who wants to get them iinjected ? :)

What is suitable for removing viruses if any ? WOuld the Ultrafiltration filter the hormone also ? . Does not baking in a hot air oven kill the Virus @ 160 °C (320 °F) ?

Back