New Summer Mass Program

MegaMuscle

I have currently been doing a 4 day split 2 on, 1 off, 2 on ,working my whole body in 4 days, but its now finally summer and I have more time and energy to devote towards working out. I have thought of a new program but I do not wan't to overtrain but I also want to gain alot of muscle fast. My dad is the one that got me into bodybuilding and he used to work out with an Upper/Lowerbody split # on one off and he is pretty big . So seeing that I have some of his genetics I fiqure more frequent work outs would be good for me. So this is the program I was thinking of. Its 3 on 1 off 3 on 1 off, with the second half being more machines and the first half mass building exercises. Any suggestions would be appreciated>

Day 1 Sets
BACK/TRAPS/BICEPS
Deadlifts 5
Barbell Rows 4
T-bar Rows 4
One-arm dumbbell rows 4
Barbell Shrugs 4

BICEPS
Barbell Curls 4
Seated alternate dumbbell curls 4
Chambered bar Preacher Curls 4
Standing cable curls 3

Day 2
LEGS
Leg Extensions 2-3 warm-up (25 reps) , 3 working (8-10 reps)
Squats 4
Step-ups 3 (10 reps per leg)
Hack Squats 4
Leg curls 4
Stiff-Leg deadlifts 4
Seated Calf raises 4
Toe presses 4

Day 3
CHEST/SHOULDERS/TRICEPS
Incline Barbell Press 5* (first set warm-up)
Flat Bench Press 4
Incline Bench Flyes 4
Dips 4
TRICEPS
Skull Crushers 4
Seated dumbbell extensions 3-4
Close grip bench presses 4
SHOULDERS
Side Laterals 4
Dumbbell Presses 4
Bent over Laterals 4

DAY 5 Sets
BACK/TRAPS/BICEPS
Barbell Rows 5
Low Pulley Rows 4
Chin-ups 3
Machine Pulldowns 3
TRAPS
Dumbbell Shrugs 4
BICEPS
Incline Alternate dumbbell curls 4
Barbell Curls Superset with
Cable Curls 4
Day 6
LEGS
Leg Extensions 2-3 warm-up (25 reps) , 3 working (8-10 reps)
Front Squats 4 plus warm ups
Leg Presses 4 hold last rep for 8 seconds
Stiff leg deadlifts 4
Leg Curls 4
Toe Presses 4
Seated calve raises 4
Day 7
CHEST/SHOULDERS/TRICEPS
Flat Bench Press 4
Incline Dumbbell Press 4
Pec Dec Machine 4
Hammer Strength Presses 4
SHOULDERS
Machine Presses 3 Drop sets
Reverse Pec Dec Machine 4
One arm side laterals 3-4
TRICEPS
Pushdowns 4
Skull Crushers 4
Kick backs 4

I would cut down on the volume of sets for Biceps, since you are doing them on back. You could risk overtraining.

Same with triceps you are working them on chest and shoulders, so 12 sets is un-neccessary.

Doing deadlifts and then legs the next day. You most have the strongest lower back.
Not the best program IMO, but u can do diffently do it.
Just my 2 cents.

As volume increases, intensity decreases. Cut back to no more than 5 working sets per workout, and that's a maximum.

And what the fuck does this mean:
"its now finally summer and I have more time and energy to devote towards working out"

If you plan on slacking off and losing muscle in the fall, why even work out now? Christ.

I don't slack off. But I go to school so I have to get up early and then on top of that I have to do around 2 hours of homework. I was saying that now that it is summer I will be able to eat more often and I won't be tired from all the school work. Trust me though when I go to the gym I always give 100%.

I was thinking and I have decided to rearrange it to chest/shoulders/triceps, Legs, back/ biceps.
And If I feel too drained I will do 3 on 1 off 3on 2 off.
I am not on steroids because I am only 17 going on 18.

I was just shittin ya .
At your age I would concentrate on the core lifts to get size.
If you need help pm me ......I,ll lay out a routine for you .

You have all the good core lifts I would, just cut down on the sets you do. Try 2 on 1 off 2, 2 on 2 off. JUst so you get more of a brake.

Back