Newbie needs advice on coping with weight gain on Winnie

Taena

My question really isn't about useage or effects but more on overcoming the mental block of seeing the scale go up when doing a cycle. I recently finished my first ever cycle and was pleased with the results UNTIL I stepped on a scale. My bodyfat dropped about 6% but from what I can tell this was not as much from a loss of fat as from a gain in muscle. My clothes fit better, I look tighter and obviously have gained some muscle which is all great. Then I got on the scale and almost cried!

Any tips for overcoming the mental block of seeing the numbers on the scale go up? Also, what is a "normal" amount of weight gain on Winnie (I put on 7 pounds in 6 weeks), how much of this will stay now that I am off? THX

Just go by how you look and how your clothes fit. Hell, if you dropped 6% bodyfat and gained the rest in muscle, there isn't a thing to worry about.

I do the same and it can be a mind-f**k...I learned to ignore it and let what I see and how I feel be the determining factor...

Ditto!! Throw that damn scale away!! ;) I never weigh myself anymore... even when I go to the Dr. I tell them NOT to tell me and I look away. I always judge by what I see in the mirror and the way my clothes fit.

Sounds like your cycle was da bomb baby!!:D 6% bf decrease is AWESOME!

one of my ex-girlfriends had anorexia when she was 16 till about 20. we started dating when she was just getting better at about 20 years old. I helped her through that a lot and she knew that I was juicing. she became interested in maybe doing a small cycle of anavar. so I explained everything to her very clearly about side effects and she will get heavier (she had a numbers problem too). I think she put on about 10 pounds in 4 weeks. she actually had to stop because she was putting on weight so fast. she was jacked she looked so good but she still could not handle that she was about 170-about 5'11". I think she looked great but it is a tough thing to see the scale go up for girls. I hope things work out for you don't worry about the scale just look in the mirror and be happy with yourself.

your welcome NB. I have much respect for woman that work through weight issues and general self-esteem issues. Working with my girlfriend, her therapist and her nutritionist opened my eyes to a very tough world. I have always wanted to open a one on one womens training facility at some point because I like working with them so much. guys just seem to have this sticking point about listenting to advice. women are much more receptive to learning new things.

I dont weigh myself anymore.. I get too obsessed with the scale- for like 5 years I could not even have a scale in my house... Im able to have one now..and not step on it...

Look at your clothes and how you feel.. dont worry about that number..

Stonecold- your a good man.. eating disorders are a terrible thing...

Thanks alot everyone! I have never had any problems with the scale until after I had a baby. I worked hard to lose the baby lbs and it made me go ouch to see weight go on so fast, even though I would have sworn I had lost weight when looking in a mirror. I think I will ignore the scale, you can never find scales that agree anyway, the one at the gym has me at 143, the one at the MD has me at 138 and the one at home has me at 148 (I'm 5'9"). Thanks again!

or if you want to use one eventually, just use one. you are right every scale is "scaled" differently. so you must be consistent on one scale and just use that for comparisons.

Back