Not for the faint of heart - Fat Loss in the 40s

JimmiRyd3r

I am in my early 40's, have been having minor peri-menopausal symptoms here and there for just over 3 years: brain fog, difficulty recalling info, difficult remembering new info, some shift in the menstrual cycle, hot flash once, skin becoming looser, and the most certain thing, fat gain in the belly. Basically, getting old.

I am on a keto diet, the overall weight I can keep to comfortably is between 53kg - 57kg (116 - 125 lbs), at my 5 ft 1 frame, at about 22-25% body fat.

With the help of some 11-KT (11-Ketotestosterone) most of that peri-menopausal symptoms were eliminated. I had been training 3x a week with stable results, but since last October I no longer have access to a gym or a club, and the fat has increased with my body weight at to 61kg (134 lbs) and despite being on a ketogenic diet, training on my own has not been the same as training in a club. At my height, I plain hated being a fat runt.

Drastic times calls for drastic measures, so I trawled the internet for information on fat loss strategies: watched what videos there are on youtube, gauged users' experiences and their dosages and course durations etc. I have in the past tried thermogenics without success, calorie restriction, upping my fibre intake, drinking more water, going vegan... nope, none of that really worked.

I have no access to clenbuterol or all the components for the ECA stack, and as my family is prone to high blood pressure, I want to stay away from stimulants. I am training and eating keto, what then?

My options are getting narrower, so I plucked up the courage and ordered some heavy duty diet pills online. Yes, this is the yellow stuff that pretty much everyone advice against: the poison, the weed killer, the oxydative phosphorylation uncoupler, the one that can cause death. Yes, I bought DNP. AND NOW I ALSO SEE WHY IT HAS A REPUTATION.

Two dots that I did not join whilst I was reading up on this stuff was the reported tachycardia (on formal, non-broscience webpages, but uncommon on forums), and how ATP is not made.

Knowing how some people have not had good experiences (dying of hyperthermia) with this substance, I took a proportionally smaller dose. Big dudes at approximately 200lbs take 200-250mg as a sensible dose, so, 50mg first dose for me, if all goes well, up it by another 50mg to a daily total of 100mg. That ought to be safe, right?

Day 1: At 50mg I felt fine. No heat, no side effects. So 5 hours later I took the extra 50mg. Still no heat, the heart was beating a little harder, feeling pretty run down like I had flu brewing. And I do have a not-insignificant sore throat after a visit to a bar to celebrate a friend's birthday. I drank only water. No caffeine, no stimulants, no alcohol.
Day 2: At 50mg, all is well. Again, about 5 hours later I took another 50mg. Same side effects - heart beating harder, not faster, and feeling run down, tired.
Day 3: Reconsidering dosage

"Everyone's different" - this has been said so many times and I can only emphasise this again. The same training volume plus ketogenic diet together were no longer keeping my weight down at my age. Using DNP as a temporary aid to re-set my body fat set point is my choice after a lot of consideration. DNP is no joke. 100mg per day is the very maximum that for my height and weight I am prepared to take, and even that is questionable as I can feel my heart beating harder in my chest. I hope that the sharing of my experience adds to the information out there on the internet.

Mmm dnp is a poison i would try some gw or s4 or both even mk 677 even if you ran all 3 it would be miles less dangerous than dnp anyways when you get some spare time jump on Google and have a looksee
Mk 677 has others properties a female in your postion/age would probably welcome increased in growth hormone and col synthesis so younger tighter looking skin weight loss ect
Stacked with s4 or gw you should see some nice results with virtually no un wanted sides
Goodluck

Blakey, tried some legit MK 677. 10mg every day for a month and can't say it was all that noteworthy besides some funky dreams, upped the dosage and got lethargy. Some years ago also tried a course of GW 50156 s, didn't work for me. S4 can cause issues with eyesight... without the fat burn, hence my decision.

DNP will kill you and we dont advocate its use here.

It's cool. DNP is dangerous no doubt, and I am no in favour of its use either.

Blakey, tried some legit MK 677. 10mg every day for a month and can't say it was all that noteworthy besides some funky dreams, upped the dosage and got lethargy. Some years ago also tried a course of GW 50156 s, didn't work for me. S4 can cause issues with eyesight... without the fat burn, hence my decision.

It's cool. DNP is dangerous no doubt, and I am no in favour of its use either.

Fair enough though mk is usually ran for a couple of months anything that is working on growth hormone usually takes a fair while before you really get the good benefits even real gh wont do much for you in a month . But at least you tried some less dangerous stuff before jumping on dnp good work there
Now s4 can have some vision sides yellowish vision and difficulty seeing at night but i never had any of these issues personally but i do know people who have but it is great for cutting up and getting toned after this i would say anavar would be your next step and i think its legal in the uk ??maybe even a ghrp peptide . So my other question is how is your diet
How active are you do you workout or lift? Ect give me a bit of a brakedown of what you eat in a normal day and what you're doing?

... after this i would say anavar would be your next step and i think its legal in the uk ??maybe even a ghrp peptide . So my other question is how is your diet
How active are you do you workout or lift? Ect give me a bit of a brakedown of what you eat in a normal day and what you're doing?

Hey there. Thanks. Yep, still alive after my fling with the Do-Not-Pursue. I honestly, seriously, believe that it should be dosed by metabolically active tissue, rather than overall body mass; and that there is a minimum muscle mass or something similar so that the heart does not get a beating (no pun intended).

A 200 lbs dude is gonna have way more muscle mass than the whole of me, so even if I dosed by body weight, taking half the dose, my muscle mass is still proportionally less than "some dude", hence the slightly dramatic side effects of heavy heart beats - because the heart is muscle, and it became the default target organ as a matter of circumstances. But, even though now I know better, I am not going down that road anymore. It was a fling and not having it again. It is day 8 now and I am still waiting for all of it to clear and for my body to recover, namely, lethargy, headaches, heart thumping at the slightest exertion.

Moving on, Anavar is not legal here and I don't see how I can get hold of some reliably with ease or little funds. On the other hand, MENT and Tren, and 11-Ketotestosterone are available in sprays/liquids, so I do rotate those and dose accordingly.

Diet is pretty good. I generally don't eat processed foods, very little dairy, no sweets/candies, no jams or chocolate spreads, no breads, no cakes, pretty much no pastas; and I stay very low carb, about 30g of rice every other day. I eat 2-3 eggs a day, about 150g beef, the rest I eat till I am full: broccoli, onions, white mushrooms, spinach, celery. For fruits: oranges, apples, the occasional banana. Sometimes I might have a couple of chicken thighs (and I am full) for a meal. Also bacon, and salmon.

It's pretty boring and not gourmet, but it fuels the body. I used drink about 2-4 beers over weekends, as well as black coffees during the work week and one or 2 energy drinks here and there, but none at all since the DNP and I will try to stay "dry" for now and see what happens.

Training is the issue. I don't use the gym so I train at home with kettlebells, 2-3 times a week. Cost for a gym membership really is an issue but at this rate I might just have to find a gym for the right money and get back into that routine soon.

My wife is having similar trouble lately. I think it's probably largely hormonal, but I have no idea how that stuff works in females. TRT has kept me going but I have no idea how to deal with her issues.

Back