nutritionist???

torqued77

i ws in a bad car accident about 3 years ago, and now that i am getting back into the groove again i have been talking to a close friend of mine who bodybuilds, and whose uncle is a pro bodybuilder.

he was making a comment about his nutritionist making a hugh difference in his gains. my question is, should i begin to see a nutritionist or just pick minor things up as i go?

You are what you eat, only a very few can make pleasing gains and not know much about nutrition. And many of those who are pleased, aren't often looking for much (i.e. Brad Pitt types).

If you have the money you can see a nutritionist, or start reading up on your own. Its up to you and how you like to do things, I like to learn for myself, but if I have to pay someone for help I'd always consider it rather than spend 10 years frustrated.

well i agree with you. however if i can learn from someone that deals with nutrition for bodybuilders i guess i have to start somewhere

I will say this - A good nutritionist is invaluable, however they are few and far between. I don't know what your goals are but you could probably get by doing your own reading and research.

if you were to compete i would definately consider getting a prep advisor. Otherwise best of luck

If you are looking to get in depth with the diet pick up the book "Nutrient Timing". It is the best. I picked it up at Chapters and it has a lot of interesting info.

A good nutritionist is the way to go, but make sure that the nutritionist understands bodybuilding as well as nutrition. Too many nutritionists will focus on losing weight instead of gaining muscle. I work with a nutritionist and it has been the best thing I have ever done, he understands that I want to put on lean mass and has been extremely helpful in making that happen.

huskyguy said:
A good nutritionist is the way to go, but make sure that the nutritionist understands bodybuilding as well as nutrition. Too many nutritionists will focus on losing weight instead of gaining muscle. I work with a nutritionist and it has been the best thing I have ever done, he understands that I want to put on lean mass and has been extremely helpful in making that happen.

Yes I agree. Many of them focus in losing weight or in what is healthy. They could tell you that eating the necesary protein for muscle growth is unhealthy. If you visit a nutritionist, make sure he has experience in bodybuilding.

I decided to try to learn as much as I can from the beggining and it worked for me.

Wanna do it yourself try Balance Log it rocks. I did not have it my last two cycles and it shows. Not this time Im gonna use it to my advantage for sho. Be very on hit about hitting the nutrition on time. Nutritional timing is everything. You can lift all you want but without the right Nutrients its for nothing.

I definitely think a nutritionist is an invaluable tool for your goals, but I think if you are looking at this as a lifestyle, and not just a short term goal, you would benefit more by educating yourself. Hence the "Teach a man to fish....."
Being on this board is a step in the right direction. You have limitless knowledge at your disposal right here. You can learn the basics, and understand why you need to balance your diet, listen to your body, and listen to past experiences. What you will learn is that different things work differently for each person, you have to find your fit. Ask alot of questions, it can only help.

If you can gain a basic knowledge, then you can collaborate with a nutritionist when you want to take yourself to the next level.

Whatever you choose to do, Good Luck!

Back