Older lifter looking for advice on next cycle

Brians1957

I'm still new to the site ( read it long time before i text for the first time ) but, here goes. I'm 61, been lifting for years off and on, last 2 years regularly. Getting ready to start my 3rd cycle in that two years. I'm on 200 mg test c a week ( Dr prescribed ) to start. I'm 200 lbs, around 17% by, good health other than some low grade bp. My first cycle was test e, 500mg/w. Second was 750 test, (200mg test c, 500mg test e ), and 100 tren e ( not sure bout tren, but only because of my age ). Had good results so far, but would really like to make a change this winter, having 1st family reunion in years and want to be as swole as possible!!! Would really like some suggestions for a 3rd cycle. Would really like to try and continue to bulk. Cycle length will be 14 - 16 weeks

you are 61 years old, brother?

I say forget cycling. you are way too old of that shit. my father passed away at age 61 and there's a big chance you might to. just forget steroids and live a happy life eating delicious junk food while you still can :)

I say forget cycling. you are way too old of that shit. my father passed away at age 61 and there's a big chance you might to. just forget steroids and live a happy life eating delicious junk food while you still can :)

Hi OP, listen at this time I will just reply to the thread above ^^..
DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT PEVIOUS "STUPID" POST. :flamingma

Man I am 67 close to 68. :elephant: I just recently stopped cycling :( ONLY due to some injuries but mostly due to Osteoarthritis and degenerate spinal discs. MY L-2 thru L-5 are now herniated. These are not injuries but genetics. I still use test but not for cycling anymore at really HIGH DOSES.

I love cycling for many reasons. I love the sport, the discipline required to build or even the maintenance of where I am happy with my condition , strength, and over body physique. Even a well toned body at whatever stage or age I am.

No reason except for hurting your health should get in your way to do what you are inclined to do. Read up on here and listen to what the stickies say to how to cycle and go for it.

This if you properly study up and follow proper protocol to cycle safely. If your health is up for it "Do it" your age is no deterrent. IMOP and I HAVE the experience and can say... "if someone tells you you are too old" fvckem"they no nothing of what they are saying or doing. You can tell them "OMM said that" :rant:

Tell them to talk to me...
The FACTS ^^^ as I know it.
OMM

Last edited:

@ FML I din't want to go against the rules here, and just go at you... So even though I cannot not ban you, I will make a bold statement and tell you , STOP talking out your ass kiddo when you have NO EXPERIENCE in the field of what you speak or you might just be out of here for you are making a sham out of one of the best, more experienced and knowledgeable forums out here, by speaking out your ass.

Respectfully in the situation of your father, It has Zero continuity to what OP is asking.

We at O'logy do not care for inexperienced and unfounded info to be just thrown out there that might misguide others.

OMM :(

I warned you for trolling so take a time out and see you next year.

Thanks for the supportive couple of responses. At 61, my skin is thick, a misinformed post won't bother me. But the question is real. I am going to start a new cycle in January, don't want to run more than 2 compounds. Think I'm going to throw mk677 in the mix at 30mg every night also, i've used it several times before. Test is definitely 1 compound, but not sure what mg, guess it depends on what i choose. Any idea on what to run with it?

I'm still new to the site ( read it long time before i text for the first time ) but, here goes. I'm 61, been lifting for years off and on, last 2 years regularly. Getting ready to start my 3rd cycle in that two years. I'm on 200 mg test c a week ( Dr prescribed ) to start. I'm 200 lbs, around 17% by, good health other than some low grade bp. My first cycle was test e, 500mg/w. Second was 750 test, (200mg test c, 500mg test e ), and 100 tren e ( not sure bout tren, but only because of my age ). Had good results so far, but would really like to make a change this winter, having 1st family reunion in years and want to be as swole as possible!!! Would really like some suggestions for a 3rd cycle. Would really like to try and continue to bulk. Cycle length will be 14 - 16 weeks

Thanks for the supportive couple of responses. At 61, my skin is thick, a misinformed post won't bother me. But the question is real. I am going to start a new cycle in January, don't want to run more than 2 compounds. Think I'm going to throw mk677 in the mix at 30mg every night also, i've used it several times before. Test is definitely 1 compound, but not sure what mg, guess it depends on what i choose. Any idea on what to run with it?

OK NOW we can get down to your Q's Brians :wavey:

SO listen I myself know nothing about your mk677. But first let me speak to your idea of only using two (2) compounds. I usually tell people they don't need more then two compounds for most cycles but in your case maybe 3 compounds but i would hold it there.

SO you have an event and i will treat your cycle sort of like getting show ready because you have a deadline to be at your best for the reunion.
You are at 17% BF and normally we would tell you to wait til your BF gets down to 15% or less. In your case I would fell good to help you go ahead w/your cycle plans.

You want to bulk a bit and cut at the same time. That's usually, again not a good plan. Hard to do both. Listen just getting BF% down will bring out muscle tone. You can see with that, only, you muscles themselves will look better. sometimes we have to make the decision between quality looking muscle size and tone and pure size. It's different with cloths on or say a bathing trunks. SO what are you wanting because as you know you can fill up with some muscle but a lot of water and look , when dressed, huge. I didn't get your height so i haven't an idea of how you look.

First on the Tren idea IMOP at your age it might be a deterrent. The sides are tough enough for the younger man. and since you are at 17% you may have night sweats more then you might want. Remember Tren can play havoc with your energy, you diet a little and then less energy.
You might deal with loss of sleep and on and on. At your age the synergism is slower to build new and mores mass as to add size. I know this... actual muscle bulking up the LMM comes very slow. ... No Tren for you IMOP. It also can screw with your breathing and making any aerobics to help loose weight will be hard on you.

I advise this cycle to be 16 wks due to you wanting to go from bulking ... and getting lean. Let me say that depending on time you won't be able to actually build or grow much mass so where you are , being toned this is it.

Getting down to it, Test is test so you might want to use a 2-4 wk Test prop with the beginning of your test "E" The weekly test dose throughout the cycle to be low dose. This will allow the synergism of building and keeping toned or TIGHT and full.

You then can throw in some EQ for the sustaining of your muscle m as you start to diet mildly . The last for weeks plug in some Var. Read up on Var and I think that would e your best , other compound for finishing

Var doesn't aromatize as EQ is low also. Your test is the worst here. SO you will still need some Adex but not at high doses. Save enough money for your BW, you need to pay close atention to your E2 to help keep ANY water down.

I hope this sheds some light for you. I'm sure the others will chime in and may differ from my opinion.

Good Luck ,

OMM .... ................another long one :insane:

PS: you might want to get with "3j" and maybe he can help you with a diet for you.

Last edited:
Thanks OMM. Really appreciate the info. I have my arim already from my trt. Agree about the tren, ran a very low (( 100mg ) 12w and didn't like it at all!!! Think i should not worry bout cutting any and just try to" clean " bulk or the other way around. Just coming back from a nagging back injury ( been off 3 months, lost a lot of my gains, ugh! ) broke L1 thru L5 plus T12 in my back years ago

Holly shit man. My L-2 thru L-5 are herniated and fvck it can go from a 2 pain wise to over 10 or 12 in a NY minute. Ha !

Also you've just had some time off so be easy. Considering what you just told me, I change my protocol for you. Back to your cycle... no EQ and a combo of Test "P" and Test "E" . Now that being Test that being one compound just different ester as you should already know. For a second an ending of 4 weeks use some Anavar. It being an Oral it will get started quickly when you plug it in. Read up on Var and I think it's god for you. It tends to build quality muscle and no automatizing.

You can do well with just the two compounds. As we said get that diet on spot. That's where your gonna get your leanness.
Do some heavy lifting as you bulk low heavy overloads for your mass. When you get to the Var stage or at the remaining 4 weeks change to lighted weights ( just a little), just where you can start adding reps... High reps will promote the hardness, pumps you will like and help
burn fat tissue and can help your metabolism to show / define the separation. Remember again you aren't going to really build / grow at this interval as you clean everything up as you mentioned.

Good Luck and I hope this gives you some insight.
OMM

Back