on cycle nutrition (lean bulk)

Jdubs23

Hey guys, im currently following the iifym flexible dieting nutrition plan but really don't know how to adjust my calorie intake for the cycle I started. I just came off a cut and want to start to pack on muscle but I also dont want to overdo it and put on extra fat weight. My training focuses mostly on muscle volume and some low rep high weight strength days. Flexibility is also a big thing for me so I try to hit yoga once a week. Pretty much dropped all cardio except... (* see last question) and this will be my 3rd cycle so far.*

Stats:
BMR: 1983
TDEE: 3159
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 175
BF: 6.15% (calliper measured)

Today marks week 2 in my cycle and I'm running 500mg test cyp, 400 mg tren e per week for 10 weeks (injections split Monday/Thursday) then 500mg test cyp, 50g winstrol (eod) for an aditional 10 weeks. I plan on "bulking" for the next 9 weeks (the first week I ate at pretty much maintenance) then cutting down to be almost contest prep lean at the end of cycle (if thats even possible)*

I was consistently running 230g protein, 260g carbs, 50g fat while I was trying to shed some more wight off but I just increased that today to 250g protein, 415g carbs, 75 g fat, 3310 calories. I would like to stay as lean as possible but also get my money's worth out of the cycle so my first question would be are my macros right for my goals?*

Also I work at a restaurant, an Italian restaurant... and they always make us food at the end of the night, it's always something simple like a pasta with sauce and minimal meats and veggies haha *my question is can I get away with eating that on the days I work if I do an extra 30min interval cardio on those days? This meal will be untracked and I'll still be hitting all my other macros for the day, so I'm pretty much not counting this meal of the cardio in hopes of it being close to a wash or being beneficial to me.

Anything helps, thanks guys

Last edited:
The nest advice i can give for u trying to stay as lean as possible yet trying to maximize muscle gain on cycle is going to be watch your macros 1, and 2 watch the scale . im sure by now u know what u have to eat to maintain ur weight right . Keep ur protein as high as possible . Eat what sually do to maintain u weight , then slowly add a little bit of extra calories daily . U have to keep a constant eye on the scale . u should be gaining weight ona a cycle . But ir goign to have to learn to determine what is fat , water and muscle . honestly , i just eat when on cycle . its best for gaining muscle . But if u know what u need , do that , [plus add a few more and train hard . when ur done cycle, ull lose the bloat weight and should still be as lean and have gained muscle . So just eat a little over above maintenance calories to feed muscles as best as possible while trying to eliminate excess fat gain.

250g protein, 415g carbs, 75 g fat

this should probably be in the diet forum.. but what is with all these High Carb, low low fat, medium protein diets lately, while trying to be lean !??

you don't need that many carbs especially if your straight up trying to be lean . Fine eat that many carbs if you want to increase water weight, fat, and glycogen stores as a power lifter. But as for building a physique, need to learn how to cycle your carbs, lower them, and use them as a 'tool' to fuel your work outs THAT's IT, carbs are not an essential nutrient, they should not be the highest macro in your diet (fat and protein should be), in fact you don't need carbs at all. But, if you want to build some muscle while being lean, use carbs wisely, cycle them and time them with your work outs.

Personally, look at carbs as a 'supplement' only, not a staple food source. let alone your primary food source.

The nest advice i can give for u trying to stay as lean as possible yet trying to maximize muscle gain on cycle is going to be watch your macros 1, and 2 watch the scale . im sure by now u know what u have to eat to maintain ur weight right . Keep ur protein as high as possible . Eat what sually do to maintain u weight , then slowly add a little bit of extra calories daily . U have to keep a constant eye on the scale . u should be gaining weight ona a cycle . But ir goign to have to learn to determine what is fat , water and muscle . honestly , i just eat when on cycle . its best for gaining muscle . But if u know what u need , do that , [plus add a few more and train hard . when ur done cycle, ull lose the bloat weight and should still be as lean and have gained muscle . So just eat a little over above maintenance calories to feed muscles as best as possible while trying to eliminate excess fat gain.

This is very good advice. For me though I have had better results bulking while not going overboard, and finishing the last 4-6 weeks with a cut. Don't try to cut and gain at the same time.

I will give you a cycle I use to run that was reasonable as far as lean mass.
250 mg test prop ew
250 mg tren ace ew
Balls to the walls 2hr workouts ed

It differs with each person, but protein looks good, but carbs look low to fuel your workouts. There are members here that know much more than myself about nutrition. This is just my opinion at a glance.

This is very good advice. For me though I have had better results bulking while not going overboard, and finishing the last 4-6 weeks with a cut. Don't try to cut and gain at the same time.

I will give you a cycle I use to run that was reasonable as far as lean mass.
250 mg test prop ew
250 mg tren ace ew
Balls to the walls 2hr workouts ed

It differs with each person, but protein looks good, but carbs look low to fuel your workouts. There are members here that know much more than myself about nutrition. This is just my opinion at a glance.

Thanks! I felt like the jump from 260-415 carbs might be too much but your thinking it's low? What macro percents to you like to run for a bulk vs cut?

Welcome

6 percent bdyfat ? I HAVE to see that b4 I take u seriously.No offense but the b/s get s thyick here lately.

Post a PICTURE of yourself unlike NG or e92 the ... . ...same guy 1 name s 2 sex appetites/orientations, and or bi polarity and need for shock factor. I m 12 percent in my avi so your like Mr O lean.????

Death can occur at 4 or less...

Not to bash just tired the trash--------------------spoken-----brought into the house with newb s. ( do not even wipe their feet with a proper intro)

Stick around...post a pic...6 points huh ? Eh...uummmhhh...nope...do not believe you.

Feel free to rebut I ll not red u out but....insult me please...post up.

Last edited:
You realize they are about 1.5% and under when they step on stage for the olymipa... 1%s that low make a big difference. I wouldn't lie about my numbers lol I didn't use the submerge test to take it so it could be off but that's what the 7 point body caliper test came up with so...
https://instagram.com/p/_7sXVsBk7H/

Last edited:
You realize they are about 1.5% and under when they step on stage for the olymipa... 1%s that low make a big difference. I wouldn't lie about my numbers lol I didn't use the submerge test to take it so it could be off but that's what the 7 point body caliper test came up with so...
https://instagram.com/p/_7sXVsBk7H/

1% body fat !? impossible, you prob carry more then that around your internal organs and in your liver, let alone your whole body. Arnold won the olympia carrying around 10% body fat. Of course they are leaner now a days, but 1% BF = death

I tried a couple of "lean bulks" and they didn't work out as well as i would have liked them to. I just got off of a 12 week "regular bulk" that did work out really well though. I was eating 1000cal over maintenance on gym days and really just making sure I got my protein. I pretty much ate whatever I wanted aside from that. Yeah, I put on what I am guessing was 50/50 muscle fat. But I can live with that. i'll strip the fat off in no time.

While on the standard bulk I got a LOT stronger and a LOT bigger than in the past. I also felt a whole lot better during. Am I happy about the extra fat? No. Am I concerned? Not a bit. Eat son.

As a senior moderator for this form you probably shouldn't be bashing new people to the site... are you trying to help people or scare them to other sites? View attachment 563469

Your trying to do to much in to little time. Your to young, small and impatient to berunning a gram of gear for 10 weeks and then jumping on another....I m o.

But I respect ur jumping right back in my face, really.
Just my opinion..I meant not to offend but to see who I was dealing with; ur still doing a lot of gear for being not huge at all...but u look really good. Hard as granite.

Your trying to do to much in to little time. Your to young, small and impatient to berunning a gram of gear for 10 weeks and then jumping on another....I m o.

But I respect ur jumping right back in my face, really.
Just my opinion..I meant not to offend but to see who I was dealing with; ur still doing a lot of gear for being not huge at all...but u look really good. Hard as granite.

That still isn't 6% though.

I'm not even close to as lean as this dude.. but I know better than that guy in the picture being 6%. "As a senior moderator" you called it right still.

Dear OP,

Calipers are not perfect, and it generally comes down to a veteran's hand at making accurate measurements with those things. Your best bet is comparing yourself to a picture online of someone who is a confirmed BF%.. Even a simple google search of a body fat comparison chart will get you closer than what you've done on your own. No offense. Relying on calipers is a rookie mistake.. but an easy lesson learned.

I too am 5'8". Not as lean, but 20lbs heavier. Likely around the same LBM. Maybe a hair larger than you, hard to make that accurate of a guess :) If I lost 20lbs (>10% BF).. I'd still be your weight 175, but more like 10% BF.. which is probably right around where you are to be honest. It's no small feat.. being 10% is great, and shouldn't be frowned upon AT ALL. It's just a touchy subject on here with BF claims.. being that some work VERY hard to hit 5-6% and many don't understand what that really looks like!

Look at Ronnie Coleman on stage for an Olympia. That's about 4-5%. Jay Cutler every day of his off season, 8%. 6% is not what you've posted, and for many is a very bold and suspicious claim. No need for the attitude toward a mod. Respectfully, no one cares if you leave this forum after talking to a mod(s) in that manner. :)

But, nevertheless, Welcome to Ology! Hope you enjoy the ridiculous amounts of great information here!

I realize I'm most likely not 6% but when you do the 7 point skinfold test and come up with 6% multiple times I'm going with that number. I hold fat very weird, my arms and legs are a always very lean and dry, if you looked at my arms youd think i was sub 6% if that's all you saw. I didn't come here to debate my bf... I could care less right now, I was simply looking to see how you guys normally adjust calories and macros on cycle...

Back