One Testicle....Low Free T....PCT or Cycle?

westcoastian1

Hey guys,

Looking for some input here.

First off, glaring error on title. Should read TRT vs Cycle, not PCT.

Been lifting for a solid year, seen results but haven't put on the muscle at a pace like I should have. I was born with only one testicle and figured I get my levels checked to see if that might be having an effect. Total T levels normal (500's) but free T was 8.2 along with a high SHBG of 49. From the research I did, I concluded that despite having normal total T, my free T was low enough to really hinder muscle building performance. I went back and fourth trying to decide whether to do a cycle or just cruise with TRT. I event went as far to buy two cycles worth of Test cyph. After a lot of noodling, visited a TRT clinic, immediately qualified because of low free T, and started TRT officially right then and there. 150 m/g test cyph injected each week. I IMMEDIATELY felt better. Less trouble sleeping, less anxiety, and at the gym, more energy than I've ever felt. By the second week, already started seeing gains. I was ecstatic.

Cut to three weeks later (so only 3 shots received). I go to my urologist for a UTI treatment (unrelated) and he unleashes the fear of god in me by adamantly insisting to cut off TRT immediately.....that I was too young (i'm 30), was ruining any chance of having kids, and that total T mattered much more than free T (which I don't think is true?). He said to cut off TRT and prescribed me 50 m/g EOD of Clomid instead and insisted it would be just as good while keep my one testicle in tact. Well, I reluctantly heeded his advice, stopped TRT and went on Clomid. I lasted 5 days before stopping. Just couldn't deal with it. Night sweats, brain fog during the day......just feeling bad. So now I was at a place where I was off TRT and not doing anything. I can't begin to tell you how bad I feel. Can't do a set of anything in the gym without shaking. No libido either.

Last week I took new bloods (exactly two weeks from day of last injection) and I'm at HALF of my normal baseline. 294 Total t and calculated free T of 4.6. And boy do I feel it.

Now, I'm lost.......I'm in a bind and don't know where to go from here. Should I hit a cycle then PCT? Should I go back to TRT? Should I wait for body to recover? Urologist is saying not to do anything at all but man, I just feel awful and my labs are so low. Looking for any advice. Lab links are below:

Pre TRT: imgur.com/a/lPaCj (Free T 8.2)
Two weeks after last shot of 3 weeks on TRT: imgur.com/a/hE8pG (Free T 4.6)

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
i would go for another opinion, but for me i feel trt is what I would rec. the clomid route you would have to give weeks to months to really see, but even clomid has many people feeling crappy... i know people that still had kids on hrt and also people that where on hrt, did a blast with hcg and clomid had kid and went back to hrt. shit i know people that got kids while on a full out cycle... its person dependent... but i would go with another doc and express what you have here IMO
is kids top priority at the moment or feeling better and dealing with the kid thing down the line?

id go for second opinion on the doc side of things and hrt side of things

i would go for another opinion, but for me i feel trt is what I would rec. the clomid route you would have to give weeks to months to really see, but even clomid has many people feeling crappy... i know people that still had kids on hrt and also people that where on hrt, did a blast with hcg and clomid had kid and went back to hrt. shit i know people that got kids while on a full out cycle... its person dependent... but i would go with another doc and express what you have here IMO
is kids top priority at the moment or feeling better and dealing with the kid thing down the line?

id go for second opinion on the doc side of things and hrt side of things

Thank you man for the reply. Yeah the Clomid route was just not for me. I'd be okay using it for a few weeks as a pct, but not as an indefinite TRT alternative.

At the end of the day though, my only big issue is gym performance/muscle building ability when I'm natty. My libido is normally fine and the occasional sleeplessness and anxiety that might be associated with the Low Free t is something I can manage. What I am getting at is, is it worth it to go on TRT and have better workout results but pretty much be stuck on for life and risk low libido and other sides, or to do a Cycle, get everything out of my system and just continue living life with Low Free t and shitty muscle building but normal everything else....

Back