Ordered with Western Union

madmaxx

I just put an order in and used WU. They said the transaction is on hold and i had to call in to verify. They asked me all the basic info that i filled out and then also questioned why I was calling from a different number I said it was my office number. Then they wanted to know where I worked, I told them I didn't think they needed to know that. Then they asked if i was comfortable sending that amount and if i knew the person i was sending it to. of course i said yes. They asked what it was for and if it was a one time transaction or if i would be ordering more. I told them i was for a business product i didn't know if i would be ordering more. She said she would send me verification if the transaction would go through or not.

Has this happened to anyone else? i did this before and never had this happen but this time was a lot more money. This has me worried a little bit.

brother i dont know if we can talk about transaction ..but when going to WU try to find the smallest shit hole store u can find..With like a indian guy working there that doesnt give a fuck what u do..never go to any fancy looking WU spot..

This just recently happened to me. Wu ended up canceling the transaction and gave no reason why. Wtf

brother i dont know if we can talk about transaction ..but when going to WU try to find the smallest shit hole store u can find..With like a indian guy working there that doesnt give a fuck what u do..never go to any fancy looking WU spot..

He prob did it online

You shouldn't be posting this info on an open forum firstly... second, you shouldn't use a source that accepts WU or MG. lol

You shouldn't be posting this info on an open forum firstly... second, you shouldn't use a source that accepts WU or MG. lol

Both of my raw sources are solid and only accept WU. Know your sources well before sending cash and always spend an amount you are willing to lose.

You sent too much and it was flagged. You will probably be told to pick your money up and you will be banned from using WU. Ive seen this happen a lot.

I didn't give source names or amounts or anything so i thought i would be good.

I did it online like i did in the past but i read in some of the other posts that anything over $1000 and WU will need ID and may verify info. I know the source is legit and have had no problems in the past with them.. Its just WU fuckin with me. Why cant they send the money take their cut and shut up.

I think it was just because it a high amount and it threw up a flag.

I guess i could cancel and do two separate transactions.

I don't know what to do.

I thinks that what happened they said they would let me know in 10 to 15 mins and i haven't heard anything.

Let it ride OP. FYI, they flag transactions over 999 dollars, so breaking it into smaller payments is wiser. You're probably fine, it's homeland security that has been cracking down on money transfer services, so they have to cover their asses in case of an audit.

Honestly, you take a risk no matter which way you go. I really liked greendot as it wasn't traceable, but not many prefer that route any more as folks were spoofing validation numbers. Just never spend more than you can afford to lose.

My .02c :)

Yeah I guess thats all I can do, I reached out to my source so ill see what they say. I just hate when this stuff happens.....i like it to go smooth :wallbash:

Let it ride OP. FYI, they flag transactions over 999 dollars, so breaking it into smaller payments is wiser. You're probably fine, it's homeland security that has been cracking down on money transfer services, so they have to cover their asses in case of an audit.

Honestly, you take a risk no matter which way you go. I really liked greendot as it wasn't traceable, but not many prefer that route any more as folks were spoofing validation numbers. Just never spend more than you can afford to lose.

Good information dude I needed to know the amount. You are probably the most useful thing on these forums aside from the sticky's!

greendot was the shit..

Update.

Well the more I thought about it the more pissed I got. How can they deny sending money? They don't know what its being sent for. My wife could be stuck over there or something and need money to get home. So I ended up calling back and told them I had called earlier and was to receive verification and Never did. I told them i was pissed that I had to call back and my transfer was not started. As I needed the money to get there ASAP! They apologized and said they would push it through. They made me verify everything again though. I checked this morning and it looks like the transfer is in progress. Hope I'm good to go.

Update.

Well the more I thought about it the more pissed I got. How can they deny sending money? They don't know what its being sent for. My wife could be stuck over there or something and need money to get home. So I ended up calling back and told them I had called earlier and was to receive verification and Never did. I told them i was pissed that I had to call back and my transfer was not started. As I needed the money to get there ASAP! They apologized and said they would push it through. They made me verify everything again though. I checked this morning and it looks like the transfer is in progress. Hope I'm good to go.

Good to hear

Update.

For future reference, I just tell them that I'm sponsoring a student in that country and they need funds for tuition/books/lodging. I've yet to be questioned beyond that point. :)

Back