Overdid the Heavy lifting on cycle and chronic shoulder pain... would PRP help?

Shoulders are complicated things, would be best if you went to a sport therapy place to find out what is causing the issue. There are lots of stretches and small muscle exercises you can do to deal with impingement and imbalances. I doubt PRP would be anything more than a temporary bandaid unless you find out what the root cause is.

Also could be your choice of exercises or bad form, for example what angle are your elbows at and how do you hold your shoulder blades when benching? Do you do any shoulder raises with your elbow above your hand? Do you do any military press type machines?

Shoulders are complicated things, would be best if you went to a sport therapy place to find out what is causing the issue. There are lots of stretches and small muscle exercises you can do to deal with impingement and imbalances. I doubt PRP would be anything more than a temporary bandaid unless you find out what the root cause is.

Also could be your choice of exercises or bad form, for example what angle are your elbows at and how do you hold your shoulder blades when benching? Do you do any shoulder raises with your elbow above your hand? Do you do any military press type machines?

Been there done that.... I tore my labrum when I was 19 playing football, I wasn't a prospect so I never got it fixed.

When I was 35, I'm now 40, I went in to get it repaired, but the doctor said my cartilage was so worn that, attaching the labrum would cause me severe pain from the grinding on the joints.

I don't do flat bench, overhead presses or behind the neck anything.

I've done prolotherapy about 10 years ago, that was pretty decent, but apparently PRP is better.

I've do all the excercises and warm ups prescribed by my physio for years.

I heard cartilage replacement is on the horizon.

your doc is right about that. damn. you went almost 20 years with a bum shoulder so now therapy will have to do the trick. love to hear more about the Platelet-rich plasma therapy, a treatment for aiding the regeneration of ligament and tendon injuries, as it look very promising.

Been there done that.... I tore my labrum when I was 19 playing football, I wasn't a prospect so I never got it fixed.

When I was 35, I'm now 40, I went in to get it repaired, but the doctor said my cartilage was so worn that, attaching the labrum would cause me severe pain from the grinding on the joints.

I don't do flat bench, overhead presses or behind the neck anything.

I've done prolotherapy about 10 years ago, that was pretty decent, but apparently PRP is better.

I've do all the excercises and warm ups prescribed by my physio for years.

I heard cartilage replacement is on the horizon.

Ahhhh.... you've been down the same road I have. My right labrum is torn from 3 to 8 o'clock. I know more than I'd like to about rehab due to this, and have been through two batches of several months each. What finally got mine better was not rehab for a few months, it was working out for three years. Slowly getting the scapula stable and building up muscle to keep the shoulder where it should be. I still can't throw a baseball much at all, that gets it hurting all over again every time.

My big hope for the future is stem cells. There was just an article where somebody used a 3-D printer to lay down cartilage, and it worked. Won't be too many more years before they can print you a new shoulder, and/or rebuild the whole thing with stem cell injections.

Ahhhh.... you've been down the same road I have. My right labrum is torn from 3 to 8 o'clock. I know more than I'd like to about rehab due to this, and have been through two batches of several months each. What finally got mine better was not rehab for a few months, it was working out for three years. Slowly getting the scapula stable and building up muscle to keep the shoulder where it should be. I still can't throw a baseball much at all, that gets it hurting all over again every time.

My big hope for the future is stem cells. There was just an article where somebody used a 3-D printer to lay down cartilage, and it worked. Won't be too many more years before they can print you a new shoulder, and/or rebuild the whole thing with stem cell injections.

What did you do to get the scapula stable?

My scapula doesn't move correctly and there's atrophy in trapezius before then.

I'd be the first in line to buy an HP cartilage cartridge :)

What did you do to get the scapula stable?

My scapula doesn't move correctly and there's atrophy in trapezius before then.

I'd be the first in line to buy an HP cartilage cartridge :)

ITY's and sky divers. Lay face down with your midsection on a big exercise ball and feet against a wall - and do the ITY's and sky divers with dumbells. If you haven't done them before they are humbling, like body weight at first then teeny tiny 1# dumbells. I worked up to 5# for sets of 20 each with good form.

And scap pushups and pull ups, combined with all the crazy crossfit stuff we do.

Last edited:
ITY's and sky divers. Lay face down with your midsection on a big exercise ball and feet against a wall - and do the ITY's and sky divers with barbells. If you haven't done them before they are humbling, like body weight at first then teeny tiny 1# dumbells. I worked up to 5# for sets of 20 each with good form.

And scap pushups and pull ups, combined with all the crazy crossfit stuff we do.

I'll try that, thanks.

The main thing on those moves is pull your shoulder blades back and down, and try to keep them locked in place as you do the moves. Really hard at first, but it comes with time.

I have had many prp injections shoulders knees ankle! Not very good results!
Just had stem cells injections in my knee. It takes a few moths but it is supposed to regenerate
cartilage! Look up pitcher Bartolo Colon! Good example.
I had both knees done a few years ago. I just had cancer so I could not take the growth factors that light up the stem cells! Hope this helps. Tore both labrum left from 2/10 don't have any issues there!?

I have had many prp injections shoulders knees ankle! Not very good results!
Just had stem cells injections in my knee. It takes a few moths but it is supposed to regenerate
cartilage! Look up pitcher Bartolo Colon! Good example.
I had both knees done a few years ago. I just had cancer so I could not take the growth factors that light up the stem cells! Hope this helps. Tore both labrum left from 2/10 don't have any issues there!?

Can the stem cells re-attach the labrum?

Stem cell

Can the stem cells re-attach the labrum?

Injections done properly should grow back tendons ligaments cartilage etc. can they re attach torn larrium? Might want to consult w a good one the one I used is in Boca fl look up Bartolo colon mlb player torn rotator 43 throwing 72 max 8 months after stem cells injected throwing 95 mph!

Injections done properly should grow back tendons ligaments cartilage etc. can they re attach torn larrium? Might want to consult w a good one the one I used is in Boca fl look up Bartolo colon mlb player torn rotator 43 throwing 72 max 8 months after stem cells injected throwing 95 mph!

**no price discussion allowed take it to pms.*****

Last edited by a moderator:
He 43 years old and pitches in mlb throws a baseball 72 w a torn rotator now post stem cell he's throwing 95 mph! Look up the article where do you see any money mentioned????????

He 43 years old and pitches in mlb throws a baseball 72 w a torn rotator now post stem cell he's throwing 95 mph! Look up the article where do you see any money mentioned????????

I looked it up and read about it... said he had a torn rotator... I still dont understand how could stem cells re-attach a rotator?

Back