Personal Trainer?

Darco76

I was wondering who here has ever got a personal trainer? Or does anybody have one now?

I'm debating on getting one for a few months, but not quite sure to what they really offer? Ive been lifting for a few yrs, but i am not near to where i would like to be, ie. more defined, ect. ect

i didnt know with my workout history, would i be wasting time by going with a trainer? Would they help me out with a diet, supplements? ect.?

when it comes to a trainer, do you treat them like a doctor, and tell them if you are juicing, or is it better to be left unknown? In a perfect world some of them would even maybe hook you up with a source, but im sure im not that lucky.

anyway, just a thought, tell me what yalls experience/thoughts are on it?

Thanks
Blake

try getting one, bro. it's nice to have different opinions in weightlifting/diet.

try them powerlifting gurus

try getting one, bro. it's nice to have different opinions in weightlifting/diet.

not everyones opinion is worth a shit. if im paying somebody for something i could easily figure out on my own, they better be a god damn expert on the subject and offer more than just "a different opinion."

if you can find a decent trainer (good luck) then it could be a good short term investment. but the majority of "trainers" are nothing but glorified rep-counters that just perpetuate typical fitness industry dogma.

aside from getting the mechanics of all the basic lifts down correctly, which most PTs in commercial gyms will be totally unable to instruct you on, there is zero need for a PT for general fitness goals IMO.

not everyones opinion is worth a shit. if im paying somebody for something i could easily figure out on my own, they better be a god damn expert on the subject and offer more than just "a different opinion."

if you can find a decent trainer (good luck) then it could be a good short term investment. but the majority of "trainers" are nothing but glorified rep-counters that just perpetuate typical fitness industry dogma.

aside from getting the mechanics of all the basic lifts down correctly, which most PTs in commercial gyms will be totally unable to instruct you on, there is zero need for a PT for general fitness goals IMO.

Agreed PT are just another motivation tool IMO.

but the majority of "trainers" are nothing but glorified rep-counters that just perpetuate typical fitness industry dogma.

and i feel the same way... i know if i were to go to 24hr. fitness/ballys ect. ect i would be heavily dissapointed... but i figuerd the only place that could probally help you if you were to go to a 'hole in the wall' typle place..

i have a trainer who is an ifbb pro and he has helped me gain over 40 lbs in less than one years time. I have learned things i would never have before learned about training, diet and steroids. It has been well worth the money

Back