Playoffs!!

Chicken Legs said:
I hope the...wings get beat bad

You have my utmost respect...

My friend and I turned on the Bulls-Heat game during a commercial just in time to see Posey's ejection...Perfectly clean check...Wrong sport, though...

Round Two!!

WESTERN DIVISION!
Edmonton
Colorado
San Jose
*Fourth Team TBD Tonight*

EASTERN DIVISION!
Ottawa
Carolina
New Jersey
Buffalo

Aboot said:
San Jose will be making the Finals. They'll beat the Avs to get there. Sorry Brat! :agreed:

ABOOT! NO!! :nonono2:

Yanks and I have decided it's going to be the Sabres and the Avs in the finals...sorry...

Who is Mike Jones? said:
Fucking Mighty Ducks . . .

Damn...I like Calgary, but I'm in love with Teemu...sorry...if it makes you feel any better, the Ducks won't get outta the 2nd round...

ROUND TWO MATCH-UPS:

EASTERN DIVISION:
Buffalo v. Ottawa
New Jersey v. Carolina

WESTERN DIVISION:
Colorado v. Anaheim
Edmonton v. San Jose

Aboot said:
East Final: Ottawa vs. New Jersey
West Final: San Jose vs. Colorado

You heard it here first.

Yanks is not going to like you...

and, just FYI: Joe Sakic > Everyone else...:wiggle:

ArmyBrat96b said:
Yanks is not going to like you...

and, just FYI: Joe Sakic > Everyone else...:wiggle:

Yes, Yanks is NOT going to like you. But Ottawa is a killer team. They outscored us (Sabres) something terrible this year.

BUT....Sabres won the last 3 regular season meetings from Ottawa, and I'm confident we can do it again.

I was rooting for the Flames. I can't believe the Ducks advanced by NOT starting Giguere. Go figure.

Hey yanks, you a sports writer? if so im pretty interested in sports journalism, if so, whered you get your start?

Tsaunders said:
Hey yanks, you a sports writer? if so im pretty interested in sports journalism, if so, whered you get your start?

Sorry to inform you, but I'm just a junior in college. I found that website and, since I consider myself to be an above-average writer, I just decided to start doing that stuff. Decided to put in on my resume and see if I could pursue a job in the field.

If I were you, I would look into joining the site. It's www.sportscolumn.com. If you are not interested, I would look into joining the school paper (if you're young enough to still be in school). Any way you can get something like your writing abilities on your resume or transcript is a good way to go.

I did not join a school paper (or haven't yet), and this would probably have bolstered my chances of a job in the field (though the chances are not completely shot).

My point is this: any way you can your name out there in the journalism field is a good way to go. School papers, summer jobs, the website listed above are all good ways to go, in my opinion.

If you continue to pursue the field, I wish the best of luck to you. I enjoy writing the stories on the site (stories listed in my signature) and I feel that my skills have improved since I started. On the site, you also get feedback, which will help you improve (lengthing stories, angles to approach from - more stats, etc.).

If you interested in just journalism (and not sports journalism), I would pursue the school paper (if you're still in school) or the summer job routes. Like I said, any way to get your name out there is a good way.

Hope that helps. If not, I apologize.

YanksWS96 said:
Sorry to inform you, but I'm just a junior in college. I found that website and, since I consider myself to be an above-average writer, I just decided to start doing that stuff. Decided to put in on my resume and see if I could pursue a job in the field.

If I were you, I would look into joining the site. It's www.sportscolumn.com. If you are not interested, I would look into joining the school paper (if you're young enough to still be in school). Any way you can get something like your writing abilities on your resume or transcript is a good way to go.

I did not join a school paper (or haven't yet), and this would probably have bolstered my chances of a job in the field (though the chances are not completely shot).

My point is this: any way you can your name out there in the journalism field is a good way to go. School papers, summer jobs, the website listed above are all good ways to go, in my opinion.

If you continue to pursue the field, I wish the best of luck to you. I enjoy writing the stories on the site (stories listed in my signature) and I feel that my skills have improved since I started. On the site, you also get feedback, which will help you improve (lengthing stories, angles to approach from - more stats, etc.).

If you interested in just journalism (and not sports journalism), I would pursue the school paper (if you're still in school) or the summer job routes. Like I said, any way to get your name out there is a good way.

Hope that helps. If not, I apologize.

Writing for a school paper sucks...contact your local paper...I did both my junior year...it's kinda cool, but journalism isn't my thing...

Back