Please Critique my Current Diet

DipKing

YAYYYY!!
Hey guys. I have never posted in the dieting forum, but have always read through here. I'm trying to make some alterations to my current diet in an attempt to cut just a little bit of fat. I'm not trying to get down to 7 or 8 percent or anything, but cut some to improve my overall health. I have been bulking for some time now, mostly with beef, and feel the cons outweigh the pros at this point. I currently haven't cycled for a year and don't plan to for at least another.

22, almost 23 in a 4 months
200 lbs.
5'8
14% bodyfat

If I could get down to 12% I would be happy, but hopefully I can consider 10%. I've been cramming the calories since the end of my last cycle to help maintain the mass, and have managed to keep the strength and even add to my deadlifts and overhead press.

Here is what I was considering:

1) Morning Cardio...Besides pre-workout and 5g creatine, 2g vitamin C, empty stomach...30 minutes Stairmaster
2) Breakfast...1 cup oatmeal and 5 whole eggs...648 calories, 30g fat, 56g carbs, 41g protein
3) Meal 2-5...12 oz. Chicken, Red Kidney Beans, and Salsa...542 calories, 8g fat, 38g carbs, 82g protein per meal
4) Another 3g Creatine and 2g Vitamin C somewhere around mid-afternoon
5) I go to the gym usually around 8 PM for an hour 5/7 days of the week, usually with a cup of coffee before

Total...2816 calories, 63g fat, 207g carbs, 367g protein

I also boil a bag of green beans or broccoli and snack on it throughout the day when I get hungry and drink around 1.5 gallons of water a day. I also take a few vitamins.
This is my first time counting my macros seriously. Before I just ate when I was hungry which didn't work out well because I'm never not hungry. Please feel free to critique or throw anything in!

Looks pretty plain, especially having the same meal several times. I do that when I prep for a show and it's not easy to stick to. That's the issue with strict dieting, sometimes it does more harm than good

I found that out recently haha. It got bland really quick. I've added some tilapia or flounder in there and have been switching out my carbs with white or brown rice, sometimes sweet potatoes. Every so often I'll have some lean ground beef, too. It's been a learning experience though. Didn't know how hard it was to do that day in and day out..

Do you know what your TDEE is? I'm guessing as to your activity level but coming in around 3100cals or so which means 2800cals would put you in a mild deficit. If you don't see weight loss I'd drop calories by around 200-300. Your protein is pretty high and you can lower it and up the fats and carbs. I'd also keep varying your protein sources as well as fat and carbs. Get some veggies in the diet as well.

I found that out recently haha. It got bland really quick. I've added some tilapia or flounder in there and have been switching out my carbs with white or brown rice, sometimes sweet potatoes. Every so often I'll have some lean ground beef, too. It's been a learning experience though. Didn't know how hard it was to do that day in and day out..

And my friends ask me why I don't stay stage-ready year round lol. This is a reason!

Back