Please help with the Protein Pancakes

GoldWings

I just tried the Protein Pancakes. Egg whites and oatmeal with some low fat PB. I do have a question, i use the Quaker Oats, not the instant stuff. Am i suppose to cook the oats first then mix with the egg whites or just throw everything in, mix, and then cook. Please help, i think i found a new workout meal and i like it.

when i get home in 2 months im gonna try a variation of this... egg whites, oats, bran, whey protein, skim milk (just a little), and MAYBE some whole wheat flour... i wonder how that would turn out... i cant wait to start experimenting with all kinds of crap now that im trying to eat healthy again, i hope i can make something taste good... if i have success, ill post it up here on the boards

The mix I use is:
1 whole egg
5 egg whites
50g flour
20g skim milk pwdr
5g fructose

blitz and make one big pcake or waffle slice bannana on top.
Adding 5g of coco powder is the decadent option.

for a pretty good pancake with a good amount of protein and some good carbs try this : 1 egg beater
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 of fat free carb count down milk (may have to adjust for if u like thinnner or thicker pancakes)
1 scoop of "Anywhey" protein powder
1 tbl spn of vegetable oil
1-1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tbl spn of splenda
this should yield you about 4 pancakes with : about 35 grams pro; 43 gram carbs; like no sugar; 6 grams fiber; 15 grams fat ; 1 sat fat
and to add a lil more flavr put some 2 tbl spoons of natural pb on top for 16g fat 2.5g sat 8g pro 6g carb 2g fiber or top with reduced fat whip cream or use some sugar less syrup..........
they taste great

GoldWings said:
I just tried the Protein Pancakes. Egg whites and oatmeal with some low fat PB. I do have a question, i use the Quaker Oats, not the instant stuff. Am i suppose to cook the oats first then mix with the egg whites or just throw everything in, mix, and then cook. Please help, i think i found a new workout meal and i like it.

What's low fat peanut butter?

for a pretty good pancake with a good amount of protein and some good carbs try this : 1 egg beater
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 of fat free carb count down milk (may have to adjust for if u like thinnner or thicker pancakes)
1 scoop of "Anywhey" protein powder
1 tbl spn of vegetable oil
1-1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tbl spn of splenda
this should yield you about 4 pancakes with : about 35 grams pro; 43 gram carbs; like no sugar; 6 grams fiber; 15 grams fat ; 1 sat fat
and to add a lil more flavr put some 2 tbl spoons of natural pb on top for 16g fat 2.5g sat 8g pro 6g carb 2g fiber or top with reduced fat whip cream or use some sugar less syrup..........
they taste great

looks like a good recipe

Back