Possible Abscess or Missed Shot in Glute...Major PIP and Golf Ball Lump

STAUNCHED427

Elite Juicer
Hey fellas have run into a little problem here,

Was doing my usual 2CC shot in right glute on wednesday, did it standing like usual and have learnt my lesson to do it laying down (don't ask why I haven't been). Anyway, used my usual 23G 1.25" to inject and as usual the prick of a 3CC barrel the oil was very hard to push out and when in an awkward position trying to pin glutes standing as usual the needle moved around quite a lot in many directions and pulled in and out a little (fucking horrible technique doing it standing) and eventually my glute started to tense from having held it up which then led to me hitting a nerve a few times as it twitched. Anyway, got the oil out eventually, pulled out and swabbed. Keep in mind I also had DOMS in my glute when injecting.

Now, problem is, I inject my right glute E7D as to inject my left glute is quite hard as I am unable to turn around as far as I can to my right (flexibility issues), however I have attempted it and will obviously be rotating glute spots now and working on that flexibility issue as well as bring quads back into the rotation. Injections are always done properly, top of vials swabbed, new needles for drawing and injecting etc so all measures taken to ensure a safe injection.

As usual I experienced PIP that was no surprise to the way I injected moving around a lot, however I didn't realise until this girl pointed out how bigger my ass has gotten lol (it's now Saturday morning) that the PIP (which has not gotten any better), is actually a fucking golf ball sized lump where I had injected! Looking in the mirror, it appears quite obvious especially when flexed that where I had injected there is an obvious lump.

I do not have a fever and the lump is not red, however it is quite sore to sit on and touch (like severe PIP) and I wouldn't say it is inflamed, rather just a big sore ass fucking lump that is sitting there leading me to believe it must be a sterile abscess? I can't see it being a missed shot and it is sitting in fat as I have been doing glute shots with a 1.25" needle for some time, however FWIF will be upping to a 1.5".

It's been ~60 hours since injection as of posting this.

It is hard to see a doctor during the weekends here and I would have to go to a public med centre so am considering waiting until Monday and getting an urgent booking to see my family doctor. I'm not overly stressed about it due to the fact that I am not running a fever and it isn't red and swollen otherwise I would probably in that case go to the ER or get a doctor.

Cheers :beertoast

You have to wait it out. Icing it helps. Hopefully you will see gradual improvement.

If you get redness and it feels warm you can take antibiotics. Hopefully you have some penicillin or something laying around for times like this. Might help. Might not. Depends on whether or not it is infected.

If a fever breaks then you know your body is fighting an infection. Your options then are to drain it yourself or go see a doctor. If you do it, put a 22g needle in there -- it is going to hurt. Once you get through the skin layer, pull the plunger back to create a vacuum. Then move the needle around and try to find the pocket. Don't pull it out all the way as going through the skin is the most painful part. Pull it back and change your angle to go back in. Hopefully you find the pocket and can drain it. Once it drains you should get instant relief.

If you go to the doctor it is likely that they will slice the muscle open to drain it. This damages the muscle. If you have a script for TRT you are good. If you don't you probably want to tell them you gave yourself a vitamin B12 injection.

If you don't have a fever or see an infection crawling up your veins, don't do anything except ice and rest it. Anti-inflamitories may help too. Wait it out if you can.

I want to credit Joliver for this information. I got the same thing a few weeks ago when I pinned my ventroglute. He walked me through this and made me feel a whole lot better. I didn't have to drain mine or go to the doc. It started getting better on its own fortunately.

I find heating the oil makes it easier to push through, so you don't shake and move around as much. I just leave the syringe on the radiator while I take a bath. I leave the needle I use for drawing the oil on it with the cap on, then switch to the pin for injecting at the last moment.

Hey fellas have run into a little problem here,

Was doing my usual 2CC shot in right glute on wednesday, did it standing like usual and have learnt my lesson to do it laying down (don't ask why I haven't been). Anyway, used my usual 23G 1.25" to inject and as usual the prick of a 3CC barrel the oil was very hard to push out and when in an awkward position trying to pin glutes standing as usual the needle moved around quite a lot in many directions and pulled in and out a little (fucking horrible technique doing it standing) and eventually my glute started to tense from having held it up which then led to me hitting a nerve a few times as it twitched. Anyway, got the oil out eventually, pulled out and swabbed. Keep in mind I also had DOMS in my glute when injecting.

Now, problem is, I inject my right glute E7D as to inject my left glute is quite hard as I am unable to turn around as far as I can to my right (flexibility issues), however I have attempted it and will obviously be rotating glute spots now and working on that flexibility issue as well as bring quads back into the rotation. Injections are always done properly, top of vials swabbed, new needles for drawing and injecting etc so all measures taken to ensure a safe injection.

As usual I experienced PIP that was no surprise to the way I injected moving around a lot, however I didn't realise until this girl pointed out how bigger my ass has gotten lol (it's now Saturday morning) that the PIP (which has not gotten any better), is actually a fucking golf ball sized lump where I had injected! Looking in the mirror, it appears quite obvious especially when flexed that where I had injected there is an obvious lump.

I do not have a fever and the lump is not red, however it is quite sore to sit on and touch (like severe PIP) and I wouldn't say it is inflamed, rather just a big sore ass fucking lump that is sitting there leading me to believe it must be a sterile abscess? I can't see it being a missed shot and it is sitting in fat as I have been doing glute shots with a 1.25" needle for some time, however FWIF will be upping to a 1.5".

It's been ~60 hours since injection as of posting this.

It is hard to see a doctor during the weekends here and I would have to go to a public med centre so am considering waiting until Monday and getting an urgent booking to see my family doctor. I'm not overly stressed about it due to the fact that I am not running a fever and it isn't red and swollen otherwise I would probably in that case go to the ER or get a doctor.

Cheers :beertoast

Graphic description bro, it hurt to read. I think you may have pip for a day or two more. I have the same problem and have always found it hard to shoot glutes. I have used quads more than anything.

After a few more days go by with no relief and the injection site becomes even more painful , hot to the touch, and you notice more swelling you may have a problem.My guess is a terribly botched injection.

LP

Thanks for the replys, much appreciated !

Yes, I have a script for TRT so it is not an issue to say what happened otherwise I would have just said the old B12 shot escape.

Slicing the muscle open? That sounds a little outrageous, I would have thought if anything they would drain the abscess themselves, I'm not to keen on draining it myself though. However, come Monday if it has not gone down I will probably go to my doc as it can't hurt just to get a second opinion and because he can see it (we all know it can be a pain to diagnose shit like this on the net).

Mega, you say to ice it however I have heard that for sterile abscess' that a heating pad and massaging it is the best way to break it up? Still no sign of fever or redness at the site, just the lump and pain... The skin isn't stretched tight or hot to touch so I doubt infection is a worry... Well I fucking hope not, surely if it was an infection it would have been red and swollen by now.

I always shoot my glute standing looking in the mirror. The unsteady hand and in/out is what got you bro. I have done this twice this cycle injecting into right delt(I'm right handed) very unsteady shaking and pip almost immediately. Couldn't lift for 3 days as I couldn't lift my arm this last time. I used to have no problems injecting right delt but my hands aren't steady anymore. Last time I bleed like a stuck hog, blood ran down to my elbow before I could get a towel. I've always believed in heating the oil prior and the injection site immediately after to help absorption but this is total different issue bro. As someone said, Ice it. Icing it while sleeping helped tremendously. It'll pass bro.

Also.... Why the fuck are you up this late? Party last night? Or I guess technically you could be up early lol

Have u thought about easier spots like quads?

A few years back i used to pin 5ccs into my glutes and got a few golf balls lol.. It usually went away within a week or so... Except this one golf ball that 2 years later is now a small lump in my left delt (unnoticeable, unless i tell the person to look for it and touch both my delts).. Trust me u r most likely fine bro.. Theres only so much a doctor can do.. There are only 2 options, use heat pads or do an invasive procedute to drain the lump out, but since its not infected or anything i dont think its worth it at all lol.. Relax

Not meaning to come off as stressed over this thread, merely posted it up just to be sure... I'm not worried over it, just trying to be cautious as anyone who cares should also do so when it comes to your body.

I've done many glute shots, PIP doesn't concern me and comes with the territory, what concerns me is the lump that is there... It was about 1pm when I posted Wacey, but yes I did have a late one and lucky I did otherwise I would never have had realised (lovely lady friend) pointed it out lol.

Quads I have done a few times before but never been a fan as I have very tight quads and it makes for a very uncomfortable injection as In I can feel the needle go in and 9/10 times I hit a nerve or vein going in and sweat quite a lot on it. I will have no choice but to bring quads back into the rotation. Delts have been absolutely hammered over the past 10 months and I need to work on flexibiity so I can hit my left glute as well.

Also, not that it should make any difference but I am mixing both Test and Deca (Deca being an UGL so different oil I believe, my Test is Castor Oil I think). I'm going to start doign the hairdyer method to heat the oil up, these 3CC barrels are SHIT SLOW to inject.

Ya i have this happen almost every time i inject glutes. I only notice the lump when i flex, and its quite large. I cant even shoot glutes anymore because 9 times outta 10 this happens. If i do shoot glutes i can only put 1cc in there. From what youve said and what ive experienced i really dont think you have anything to worry about, youve most likely just irritated it, the swelling/lump should go away within a week, mine always does. Stick to delts and quads bro, much easier to keep a steady hand and an eye in things and you also wont end up with a brutal cramp in you side half way through injecting lol

Thanks for the replys, much appreciated !

Yes, I have a script for TRT so it is not an issue to say what happened otherwise I would have just said the old B12 shot escape.

Slicing the muscle open? That sounds a little outrageous, I would have thought if anything they would drain the abscess themselves, I'm not to keen on draining it myself though. However, come Monday if it has not gone down I will probably go to my doc as it can't hurt just to get a second opinion and because he can see it (we all know it can be a pain to diagnose shit like this on the net).

Mega, you say to ice it however I have heard that for sterile abscess' that a heating pad and massaging it is the best way to break it up? Still no sign of fever or redness at the site, just the lump and pain... The skin isn't stretched tight or hot to touch so I doubt infection is a worry... Well I fucking hope not, surely if it was an infection it would have been red and swollen by now.

They slice it because it would need to be drained often before the infection clears up. If you had a broad spectrum antibiotic and it was drained regularly that would work. I wouldn't want my ass cut open. either. I doubt that is the problem though.

LP

ive got the exact same thing at the moment - i put it down to injecting too much - i did 2mls of test p - feels like little golf ball too- i get much less drama when i inject into deltoids,

hows it coming along ?

Fellas, please, again I am not stressing over this, like I said I posted this up out of simply, smartly and responsibly checking to see if there is a possible situation on my hands. Like I say, better to be safe than sorry. There are no stupid questions, if you're not sure, ask...

Ya i have this happen almost every time i inject glutes. I only notice the lump when i flex, and its quite large. I cant even shoot glutes anymore because 9 times outta 10 this happens. If i do shoot glutes i can only put 1cc in there. From what youve said and what ive experienced i really dont think you have anything to worry about, youve most likely just irritated it, the swelling/lump should go away within a week, mine always does. Stick to delts and quads bro, much easier to keep a steady hand and an eye in things and you also wont end up with a brutal cramp in you side half way through injecting lol

Oh the cramps are fucking surreal, will be getting some Taurine tomorrow, currently on 30mg Dbol/600mg Test/300mg Deca (Yes, yes, I know it got a bit out of hand and I never had intentions of running orals, but they came up cheap and thought fuck it) for the next 8 weeks. Magnesium + Bananas isn't cutting it and water intake is quite high. Am looking quite good and comments left, right and centre and being pushed to compete, but I feel I am far from ready from that even though competition is my goal.

Pain is still there, however I think the lump/irritation is reducing and still no sign of fever/infection so I think it's safe to say I'm in the clear. No doubt it was an irritation, I hit a nerve 3 times when moving the fucker around so it doesn't surprise me. I won't take glutes out of my rotation though... Unless this becomes a constant issue and will certainly be doing it laying on my side. Quads will now be apart of the rotation though + delts, glutes.

Back