post-Workout meal?

GameOn

Trying to see what some people take as far as type of food/supplements do you take after your workout. What is the time laps between end of workout and consumtion? How long do you wait to take in carbs after taking slin after your workout

I drink a shake immediately after workout. No slin yet.
Shake is 600 calories
120g of carbs
30g of protein

5 grams creatine

54 grams protein mixed with water

1 banana or apple

im in cutting phase so i dont take in too many carbs

I Take a protein shake right after my workout, mixed with milk and creatine.

Then an hour later I have a solid food meal

50 grams glucose mixed with 25 grams whey powder immediately
(or a sports drink with whey)

an huor later i have a chicken breast with lots of veggies

does this sound ok?

Protein and carbs right after my workout. Usually about 50g dextrose with 30g protein for me. Then I eat again in about an hour.

I was scared of the glucose post training to begin with because i thought it would stimulate fat but i've noticed recovery is tops, even after leg days i can walk and run! :D

I think post workout shake is the best thing i've done
during the rest of the days my carbs come mainly from veggies, oats and a daily small apple before training, i'm losing the stuborn fat this way yay! :D

Thanks guys. Hey Babyfaced A., I did glucose yesterday, for the first time, after a leg workout and founf the same results. Quick recovery, wow. Will this cont. or will your body adapt to the routine?

i've been doing it for 4 weeks now and still feel good though my workouts arent build for mass building really so i dont hit the legs as hard as I can, i just weight train to supplement my sport

I take 45g of whey protein, than 60 g of glucose
than in about an hour I eat pasta with 4 eggs but just that white thing that I don't know the word in english sorry

PlocMonster said:
I take 45g of whey protein, than 60 g of glucose
than in about an hour I eat pasta with 4 eggs but just that white thing that I don't know the word in english sorry

You said it right, bro. It's simply called "the white". See, English isn't as hard as you thought!! :D

I just started 1/2 cup of wt rice and beef, chicken or fish. I tried everything from protein powders, protein bars, etc, etc right after I work-out so I decided to go with real food. I'll do it for a while and see if there is a difference, if I start to lose strength or mass, I'll go back to liquid protein.
AO

Back