Prami used a a treatment for RLS???

Just looking at prami and discovered this interesting little fact.

Prami is used for the treatment of restless leg syndrome. Now I know this sounds like bullshit and believe me, I remember seeing the commercials a loooong time ago about RLS and I thot, how fucked up u need a pill for that. I have over the years developed this BS ass syndrome and I can attest its not fun. It only comes on at night, right when you would like to go to sleep. Its a hard feeling to describe but its annoying as hell and the only way it goes away is time or if I stand up, which both kinda defeat the purpose of trying to sleep lol.

Does anyone have any further info about this or know where I can find it? I'm extremely intrigued here if I can combat prolactin increases and my RLS at the same time with one drug.

I have not heard of that however it does intrigue me.

I had that malady years ago although only briefly. and I wish I were able to tell you how and why they stopped.

I m familiar with it though...your just starting to drift.... anticipating r e m and all the good that comes with it...and then...your legs go back and forth, the GABA dump s adrenaline into the CNS, your wide awake standing up...fight ...flight...wt f ?

Disconncerting at best...fkn blows.

My lifting partner s a (my own personal) bone surgeon. I ll run it by him, although I must tell you it seems like I answer his questions more than he does mine with respect to anything out of his field...bone docking.

I have not heard of that however it does intrigue me.

I had that malady years ago although only briefly. and I wish I were able to tell you how and why they stopped.

I m familiar with it though...your just starting to drift.... anticipating r e m and all the good that comes with it...and then...your legs go back and forth, the GABA dump s adrenaline into the CNS, your wide awake standing up...fight ...flight...wt f ?

Disconncerting at best...fkn blows.

My lifting partner s a (my own personal) bone surgeon. I ll run it by him, although I must tell you it seems like I answer his questions more than he does mine with respect to anything out of his field...bone docking.

Yes same as mine. They started with such infrequency I couldn't even tell that I had it. Slowly over the years it has gotten worse with more frequency and longer/ill lasting effects. Before I joked about it, now I'm ready to treat it lol. I can never tell what is going to trigger an episode or what will cause it to cease. It can be from 10 min to 2 hours. Totally blows.

I've had a GF who knows all to well about this. She referred to me as "cricket boy" from my incessant need to rub my legs together in a feeble attempt to stop the agony. I've just never looked into taking the meds for it until now...now that I see it can be treated with prami ;)

Id love to hear more form you if you find out anything new Teutonic. Much appreciated sir. And yes I feel that way when discussing hormones and certain things regarding AAS use with my ex, whose is an ICU RN. She's a smart cookie and sometimes I get to make the valid point or argument she doesn't see. Kinda refreshing lol

Your best bet is seeing a doctor for it. They will probably have you do a sleep study to confirm the RLS. If serious enough, Prami is a treatment option. It would be ideal to have your source be a pharmacy.

P.S. You will also get to find out if you have sleep apnea or any other sleep problems.

My mom has it and it is no fun. Can hardly sit on a long flight if it is acting up and forget about trying to sleep.
I asked her a while back of she was using prami and she was. Probably should hook her up with liquid version as she may be paying too much for script...

Yep, I bought a bottle of prami before I found a caber source, and read about the RLS indication. You'd have to jump through some hoops, as it appears that insurance companies don't willingly help cover the cost. You may want to look up other products with an indication for the treatment of RLS, because I got the idea that prami is considered second- or third-line treatment, and you may have to steer the doc towards prami.

Your best bet is seeing a doctor for it. They will probably have you do a sleep study to confirm the RLS. If serious enough, Prami is a treatment option. It would be ideal to have your source be a pharmacy.

P.S. You will also get to find out if you have sleep apnea or any other sleep problems.

Yes that is the way Id like it at least. Had to drop my health insurance as of late but my list of health to do's is piling up lol. That's a good idea just to see if there are any underlying problems as well. Cause my sleeping patterns can be jacked up. Thank you Mega

My mom has it and it is no fun. Can hardly sit on a long flight if it is acting up and forget about trying to sleep.
I asked her a while back of she was using prami and she was. Probably should hook her up with liquid version as she may be paying too much for script...

Ya man it can be a super pain in the ass. It really pisses me off when I need to be up early and well rested. Instead I'm pacing around my house, wondering how to make it stop lol. Id be willing to bet a RC would be a bit cheaper. Id like to have a script if possible, just to be on the safe side always having it around. Plus script prami would be pretty nice :)

Yep, I bought a bottle of prami before I found a caber source, and read about the RLS indication. You'd have to jump through some hoops, as it appears that insurance companies don't willingly help cover the cost. You may want to look up other products with an indication for the treatment of RLS, because I got the idea that prami is considered second- or third-line treatment, and you may have to steer the doc towards prami.

I figured that would be the case scenario if I was to have it evaluated. Would need to push for the type of drugs that I want and/or feel comfortable with. Depending on the other options of course, which I'm looking at currently to compare, its definitely something to think about. Thank you for the input Hugh

It is one of the rimary prescribed uses for the drug. Ironicall its dsoing instructions are exactly the same as the ones i recommend for those using it to manage PRL. Take at .25mg for 5-7 days and up to .5mg after that. Takke at night right before bed

I fought RLS for several years, was on some pretty strong benzos for it too. Oddly, TRT removed 99% of it - although I do sometimes wake up with my quad all tensed as I had been kicking around. Makes sense that prami would work on it as it does release dopamine, which can have a calming effect on the CNS.

Hopefully it works for you. :)

It is one of the rimary prescribed uses for the drug. Ironicall its dsoing instructions are exactly the same as the ones i recommend for those using it to manage PRL. Take at .25mg for 5-7 days and up to .5mg after that. Takke at night right before bed

Im starting to read that's its more commonly prescribed than I thot. Funny I knew bothered to find out the treatment meds for this as I would've prolly checked it out a bit sooner. I'm definitely picking up some from RUI in the near future to have on hand just in case. That is a kind of interesting dosing protocol as it being the same lol. Thank you Jimi :)

I fought RLS for several years, was on some pretty strong benzos for it too. Oddly, TRT removed 99% of it - although I do sometimes wake up with my quad all tensed as I had been kicking around. Makes sense that prami would work on it as it does release dopamine, which can have a calming effect on the CNS.

Hopefully it works for you. :)

TRT gave you relief huh? I wouldn't have thot that but shit you lucked out there killing 2 birds with one stone! ;)

I hope it does buddy cause this RLS can be the shits. Its been a few weeks since the last major occurrence but when they come...its usually for 3-4 nights in a row. Sometimes its so mild at the start you can actually fall asleep before it sets in. Then like u said, you're popped up outta bed hours later, ready to take that cartoon image question mark above your head and jam it right into your leg!! LOL well if I cant subside the feeling, pain will override this shit!

Back