Prednisone in oral solution for anyone that cares

GymLift

Prednisone doesn't seem to be a populat steroid on the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) board for some reason. Maybe it is because it is seem as kryptonite?

Anyway, I had little choice but to go on short-term corticosteroid therapy because of my asthma.

It is important to taper doses with this drug, so capping was out of the question.

I mixed 300mg of prednisone in maybe 36mL of 190 proof Ethanol. Shook hard. It made a suspension, not a solution.

I don't like to hear Ethyl Alcohol because it evaporates so easily. But I finally shut it in the microwave for only 10 seconds. Shook. Instantly went into solution.

For the record, this stuff tastes like pure shit. I mean, it is so bad that I'm not sure which is worse: PEG or Prednisone. I think the horrible aftertaste actually stays around even longer with Prednisone.

I added some peppermint extract. I really wish I still had some pure sucralose available. If somebody else is interested in (lega) pure sucralose, then let me know and let's place an order ... I found a generic supplier in another country.

mranak, pred doesnt have anobolic effects does it? I'm actually tapering off of it now. I have been getting stronger but didn't think the pred had anything to do w/it. I asked my doc but he's from india and really didn't understand his jibberish.

BIGFOOD said:
mranak, pred doesnt have anobolic effects does it? I'm actually tapering off of it now. I have been getting stronger but didn't think the pred had anything to do w/it. I asked my doc but he's from india and really didn't understand his jibberish.
lol.

Predisone is known to put people in a catabolic rather than an anabolic state. Many BBers literally fear cortisol and its derivatives such as prednisone.

However, the hormone does have a few benefits, such as the fact that without it, we would die.

And especially when using supraphysiological doses of gear, it is certainly within the realm of possibility that cortisol will actually have positive effects on muscle. I'm not saying that it does, but I can't rule out the possibility.

I appreciate your mentioning that you've been using prednisone and getting stronger. This is good information to know and add to our short list of what we DO know about prednisone in our world.

Were you also using Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) or not?

mranak said:
Prednisone doesn't seem to be a populat steroid on the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) board for some reason. Maybe it is because it is seem as kryptonite?

Anyway, I had little choice but to go on short-term corticosteroid therapy because of my asthma.

It is important to taper doses with this drug, so capping was out of the question.

I mixed 300mg of prednisone in maybe 36mL of 190 proof Ethanol. Shook hard. It made a suspension, not a solution.

I don't like to hear Ethyl Alcohol because it evaporates so easily. But I finally shut it in the microwave for only 10 seconds. Shook. Instantly went into solution.

For the record, this stuff tastes like pure shit. I mean, it is so bad that I'm not sure which is worse: PEG or Prednisone. I think the horrible aftertaste actually stays around even longer with Prednisone.

I added some peppermint extract. I really wish I still had some pure sucralose available. If somebody else is interested in (lega) pure sucralose, then let me know and let's place an order ... I found a generic supplier in another country.

Hmmm, maybe I am missing something, but why go to the trouble of making it into solution when it comes in handy, dandy, easy-to-swallow tablets to begin with???

And for the record, I use the microwave for ANYTHING that needs added heat. I've long abandoned the stove-top and bench-top heaters.

How long do you nuke your gear for?

Doesn't the metal crimper holding on the stopper create problems in the microwave?

Megadeus1977 said:
Hmmm, maybe I am missing something, but why go to the trouble of making it into solution when it comes in handy, dandy, easy-to-swallow tablets to begin with???
While I had an Rx, I acquired my lifetime supply of prednisone elsewhere for $0.00.

Easto said:
How long do you nuke your gear for?

Doesn't the metal crimper holding on the stopper create problems in the microwave?
DF is talking about prior to anything getting crimped.

However, I learn from pullinbig to put all my vials of gear in the microwave prior to inject. The metal crimper isn't a problem.

I place multiple 50mL vials of gear in the microwave at the same time, and 10-15 seconds is the most that I'll run the microwave at a time.

Start with something like 8 seconds and go from there. Don't be one of those guys that comes in here and says, "I placed my 10mL vial (which is only 3.3 tsp!) into microwave for 2 minutes and now my gear is ruined. Waa waa." :D

Back