Pro-bodybuilders have daughters due to steriod use?

Most pro-bodybuilders have daughters due to steriod usage. Do you agree?

• Totally agree! Yeah, I notice it too!

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Somewhat agree....

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I can't decide .... need more proof.

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Nah its only coincidental.

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
i dont want a daughter becaus then as she gets older i have to think about her boy freinds raling her and busting loads on her face.

Mr. dB said:
The sex of the baby is determined by the father's sperm. All of the eggs produced by the mother are identical, with an X-chromosome, but the father issues sperm with both X and Y chromosomes. If an X sperm impregnates an X egg, you get a female offspring. If a Y sperm impregnates a X egg, you get a male baby.

So King Henry XIII was to blame for all his daughters, it wasn't the fault of all the wives he divorced or beheaded.

NOW -- can steroid use affect how many X and Y-chromosome sperm the father produces, or affect their ability to swim? Who knows...

gues i should have done some reading before posting. :D

but you know what i did go back and do some reading on this topic and apparantly its not all balck and white. as with most topics there are some differening opinions by the educated society. kinda like here. :eek:

i researched for a while and could find nothing on Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) causing men to have less Y chromosome sperm than X.

if my wife get s pregnant at our age i'll prolly kill her anyway. she is heavily insured. :cool:

damn seems like it was just 25 years ago that i took biolgy. seems lie i could have rembered this (correctly)

Last edited:
Well all the local bodybuilders I know here have daughters .... anyways I wonder what the 'ladies' are thinking when they read stuff we put about not wanting girl babies ... haha!
Evil = Riod rage ????

its not all black and white, like PB said.
Female is the default sex... regardless of Y chromosome presence. Gonads (not testes yet, gonads can be either testicles or ovaries) are indeffirent until ~40th day of development. In order to develop into a male, the Y chromosome has to produce TDF (Testes Determining Factor) which in short, tells the reproductive system which ducts will hook up where.
The Wolffian ducts will connect to the gonads (if TDF is produced) and MIS (Müllerian Inhibiting Substance) will also be produced which will cause Müllerian ducts to go away in short. Müllerian ducts are what femals have. Then after all that, test is produced which causes the external genitalia development.

Now, with all that said, if the XY fetus goes through all that (before production of MIS) but has no testosterone receptors, the external genitalia becomes female, its called testicular feminization.

thank god for my old Bio notes...

heres a little chart i found in the notes that might interest you.

Tissue/Organ - Male - Female
Uregenotel Sinus - Prostate - Vagina
Genital turbucle - Penis - Clitoris
Labia folds - Scrotum - Labia
Ducts - Vas deferens - Oviducts
Gonads - Testes - Ovaries

but, my opinion, i have no clue if prolonges steroid use or raised hormonal levels during conception will affect whether or not the fetus will have the right receptors and a properly functioning Y chromosome.
The male is more complicated to produce, obviously, so that, my guess, is the reason for more females than males born MR. dB

the sex of the baby is entirely up to the male. there is only one kind of egg(or so i have been taught)

Mr. dB said:

NOW -- can steroid use affect how many X and Y-chromosome sperm the father produces, or affect their ability to swim? Who knows...

that is a very interesting point...i am no doc, but are there different kinds of sperm?

also i seen on CNN a few months ago, that like 500 years from now (i cant remember how long exactly) there will be no males left. it is already starting w/the frequency of female births on the rise.

fr8tren said:
the sex of the baby is entirely up to the male. there is only one kind of egg(or so i have been taught)

that is a very interesting point...i am no doc, but are there different kinds of sperm?

also i seen on CNN a few months ago, that like 500 years from now (i cant remember how long exactly) there will be no males left. it is already starting w/the frequency of female births on the rise.

true, but more in depth, regardless if the male gives a Y chromosome, doesnt mean 100% it will be a male

fr8tren said:

I would like to request that I am frozen and thawed out and revived as soon as this happens.

Well, I've got three daughters and I didn't touch a steroid till the youngest one was 14.

We are finally starting to kill some of the myths about steroid use. Such as orals are liver toxic (Uh, no they're not). And long term use causes medical problems in your later years (actually, long term users stay healthy longer).
Let's start another myth that the liberal media can jump on.

Insane_Man said:
I would like to request that I am frozen and thawed out and revived as soon as this happens.

:laugh3: LMFAO---yeah me too. someday the theory is going to be tested.....what if he really IS the last guy on earth??

I know a lot of guys that have trained/used Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and they all have daughters.

grafix-gnc said:
true, but more in depth, regardless if the male gives a Y chromosome, doesnt mean 100% it will be a male

Well, if it's not, it won't be a fertile female either. Now you're delving into chromosomal or developmental problems that lead to intersex conditions, Kleinfelter's and XXX syndromes, and related problems.

A normal, healthy human female cannot have a Y chromosome.

funny thing is I was on 3 grams a week and we wanted a daughter, but I got a son(now I am sooooo glad I got a boy....)

Mr. dB said:
Well, if it's not, it won't be a fertile female either. Now you're delving into chromosomal or developmental problems that lead to intersex conditions, Kleinfelter's and XXX syndromes, and related problems.

A normal, healthy human female cannot have a Y chromosome.

Not true, look at Jamie Lee Curtis...

Back