Protein and Cancer

gHalcon

My father is fighting cancer and things are looking bleak. He has lost a lot of weight and no longer has an appetite to eat.

I want to help him with his nutrition by giving him whey isolate.

I have read online articles where protein shake is often given to patients for recovery. But then there are articles that say that excessive use of protein can lead to liver cancer. Well my father has a failed liver due to cancer. Will minimal amounts of the whey isolate help with his diet and not worsen his cancer state?

My father is fighting cancer and things are looking bleak. He has lost a lot of weight and no longer has an appetite to eat.

I want to help him with his nutrition by giving him whey isolate.

I have read online articles where protein shake is often given to patients for recovery. But then there are articles that say that excessive use of protein can lead to liver cancer. Well my father has a failed liver due to cancer. Will minimal amounts of the whey isolate help with his diet and not worsen his cancer state?

I'm not sure anyone here can give you an informed answer like a doctor could. I'd either ask his physician or try to get in touch with an actual doctor since his health isn't great.

Interesting question. Whatever you find out, please share here with us! My dad faced a similar issue after his fight with pancreatic cancer.

Back