protein in chicken breast

Perdue46

I went to calorieking.com to double check the amount of calories and protein I was taking in and I saw that uncooked chicken breast is different than grilled chicken breast per 8 oz. serving. I probably should have known this. But does anyone know if I grill what starts out as 10 oz. worth of chicken breast what the value is after grilling. I think I am going to have to break down and get a food scale anyway. Thanks for any help.

When you buy it is is uncooked. If you are slicing it yourself you need a food scale anyway.

How much water cooks off depends on your cooking.

Generally, if I want to eat a half pound of chicken breast I will buy a one pound package and use it over two meals. This is how I get around measuring it. If an 8 oz chicken breast has 250 calories and 52 grams of protein uncooked will it have the same amount of calories and protein after I grill it?

Yes, chicken breast is lean enough (without skin) that I dont calculate anything differently caloric wise.

Beef is a bit of a bitch though, I make a guess as to how much I cook off and I stick to it. My 330 calorie patties that are I believe 87% fat I dumb down to 250 and I just count it as such.

52 grams of protein. That's a lot. 8 oz. is quite a bit of chicken though. Does that include the tailfeather? Cause i like to shake my tailfeather.

Its not that much, one of my meals is a box of mac and cheese and a pound of ultra lean sirloin. Thats just underneath 1600 calories (I never use butter in my mac, nor milk). I've had larger meals than that, nearly twice as large (~2700).

Back