protein intake

trendkill

What is the highest in grams u can intake at one serving. like is there an amount that tops out at and then the rest just is a waste?

cause i herd 50g at one time but inever did reserch this

Different people can handle different amounts. If you are using larger amounts of protein and you find that you are having trouble digesting it, try taking some ginger root before, it really helps. I have some guys that use 60grams of protein at a time and every one of them uses ginger root along with it. I find for myself, I can't take in much more than 35grams at a time.;)

Fyre said:
... I find for myself, I can't take in much more than 35grams at a time.;)

How do you know you can't take in more than 35 grams? Does your body react a certain way that tells you this? I never understand when people state that they can only absorb a certain amount of protein. How can they know that? I assume they're getting sick in some way?

Bump for anyone with research on the limit, grams per serving etc, that the body can absord.

Ive heard 25-35 grams per serving. But never anything about how often you can digest one of them servings, like every 5 mins?! And if there is a limit "per serving" - what happens to the exess protein!? Do you just poop the extra energy out, or is it absorbed slowly or somesuch.

Fyre said:
Different people can handle different amounts.

Bingo.

There are many factors that will determine protein absorption. I have 50-60 grams in some meals. There is no magic number that will work for everyone.

Vigilance said:
Bingo.

There are many factors that will determine protein absorption. I have 50-60 grams in some meals. There is no magic number that will work for everyone.
But how does one determine their own maximum?

i take in 60 and even more close to 80 sometimes, no need a fucken jinger or whatever you call it, i guess i'm the motherfucken man. can i get a hell yeah!!?

krieg said:
i take in 60 and even more close to 80 sometimes, no need a fucken jinger or whatever you call it, i guess i'm the motherfucken man. can i get a hell yeah!!?

Unless your a pro body builder or just a fat ass I doubt you can take 80g at a time and do it more than 3 times a day. Thats too much for the avg person anyway. If your 200 lbs you need 250g of protien a day. You should get that spread over 6 meals a day. Thats roughly 40g per meal.

krieg said:

HELL YEA!!!!

G2 said:
Unless your a pro body builder or just a fat ass I doubt you can take 80g at a time and do it more than 3 times a day. Thats too much for the avg person anyway. If your 200 lbs you need 250g of protien a day. You should get that spread over 6 meals a day. Thats roughly 40g per meal.

well, if your trying to bulk up and get some nice muslce mass at the same time, then a 200lb person really needs about 400grams of protein to see some serious gaines. i weigh 180 and get in about 350grams a day. if you want to be a seriuos gainer, than you should do 2g/lb. however, there are differnt people. like people who weigh 250lbs that has a 30% bf, these people need a completly differnt diet if they want to cut up and gain muscle at the same time. so you really cant tell anyone what they require unless you know there exact stats and exact goal.

mranak said:
But how does one determine their own maximum?
If your gas that smells like something died it time to back done on the protein, that a sure sign that you're not disesting the protein you're taking in.

JohnnyB

JohnnyB said:
If your gas that smells like something died it time to back done on the protein, that a sure sign that you're not disesting the protein you're taking in.

JohnnyB

holy shit...totally tue

slick13 said:
well, if your trying to bulk up and get some nice muslce mass at the same time, then a 200lb person really needs about 400grams of protein to see some serious gaines. i weigh 180 and get in about 350grams a day. if you want to be a seriuos gainer, than you should do 2g/lb. however, there are differnt people. like people who weigh 250lbs that has a 30% bf, these people need a completly differnt diet if they want to cut up and gain muscle at the same time. so you really cant tell anyone what they require unless you know there exact stats and exact goal.

If your intake is 350grams of protein then why do you just weigh 180? I dont think its working for you. I think you should reavaulate your own training before giving out advice. I'm not trying to flame.

Waterfowl said:
If your intake is 350grams of protein then why do you just weigh 180? I dont think its working for you. I think you should reavaulate your own training before giving out advice. I'm not trying to flame.

ive been working out on and off for 2 yrs. my diet wasnt that great unitl i learned DC training and that was about a week ago. i was told by some pros that you probably know of that if you really want to put on size, then you gotta get in about 2gP/lb. so i dont think i can gain about 40lbs in one week, thats why i weigh 180....because i just started taking that much. and so far, ive been puting on at least 1 lb. every two days or so. so thats a few lbs. a week....seems to be working for me.

JohnnyB said:
Thats bad news for me. Is excess protein bad for my healthy kidneys?

Back